4,186 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Only 16 colors?????

I have a problem with a new mother board not wanting to used my
    graphics card, older, but worked great with the old mother board. I
    have removed the card and set the bios for the on board video but I
    only get 16 colors and a max screen size of 840 X 680 or something like
    that. I use Mach2 and can't get the Mach2 screen set using that size to load.

How do you change the color number, or can you?

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

You might have to install drivers for te onboard video.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ger21 I already tried and ended up taking it to the pc shop.The only drivers for video I could find was for the AGP slot and card. It did not work at all.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

What Motherboard and OS?

If you do not know the make of board, or cannot find the numbers pronted on the board somewhere, let us know the make of the bios please. There may be some programs to use to determine the board name.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I take it you are not a XP user. XP should do a reasonable job of finding a driver for your video card.
    Also, does your Mother board have onboard video? If it does there could be some confilct between that and the video card.
    Being outside the square !!!

It is definitely a driver issue. If your new motherboard came with a CD sometimes the drivers are buried deep in a file tree. Some operating systems are lazy in finding the appropriate drivers automatically. Go to device manager and reinstall video driver, you will need to search the directories until the right file shows up on the file name text box. Assuming you are using Windows ME or earlier? Also there are hundreds of sites that have old and new third party drivers. Give us more info on the motherboard.

Benny I are a xp user but it did not find the file on the cd. All is well though I took it to the pc dr that I had called for instructions on how to fix it. He told me how he did it and it had done the exact same thing except when windows rebooted it did not take the file. Anyway it si fixed and the machine is running.

Mike

edited: you see all the mispelled words.........it's gonn get worse. I found out yesterday I have a lower back disc that is either calcified or gone.....or maybe scar tissue from an old surgery. Pain tablets and muscle relaxers don't help you spelling. I had to retype this edit three times. :violin: