Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    dstryr

Yes I have 2 very active shops
    Hourly rate? Sub 60?

Quote Originally Posted by dstryr View Post
    Much less? They were quoting $3 for 1000 and $2 for 2000. How much lower could you go? Do you own a shop or are you doing this on the side? What is your hourly rate? Not trying to be rude, just very interested.
    This is amusing, the people who are quoting high accusing the ones quoting lower of working out of their mother's basement. Ever thought maybe someone else has a better, faster method to produce these than you? First 1/2 inch acetal is cheap, and you can cut it as fast as you can get the chips out of the way as long as you have good coolant pressure. Also this is a one op part if you have the correct machine for the job. I think the $2-$3 people are quoting two ops on a fixed headstock bar fed lathe using a puller, there is a machine that can do it 4x as fast, you just don't happen to own one. I can remember a few jobs where I had the right machine and everyone was jumping up and down that the low bidder was going to make junk. Everyone thought they had a 3 minute part on their hands and I made it in 45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    This is amusing, the people who are quoting high accusing the ones quoting lower of working out of their mother's basement. Ever thought maybe someone else has a better, faster method to produce these than you? First 1/2 inch acetal is cheap, and you can cut it as fast as you can get the chips out of the way as long as you have good coolant pressure. Also this is a one op part if you have the correct machine for the job. I think the $2-$3 people are quoting two ops on a fixed headstock bar fed lathe using a puller, there is a machine that can do it 4x as fast, you just don't happen to own one. I can remember a few jobs where I had the right machine and everyone was jumping up and down that the low bidder was going to make junk. Everyone thought they had a 3 minute part on their hands and I made it in 45 seconds.
    Not trying to accuse him of working in his basement I was just curious if he was doing them quicker than other people or his rate was just lower. Just a friendly question. No harm meant.

Re: 1-2000 Delrin parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonqin0305 View Post
    Hey,guys,this is Jackson, mechanical manufacturing engineer with extensive field knowledge and work experience, my factory located in the world manufacture base center Dongguan/Shenzhen,China,your consultance of fabrication field of here always welcome,by the way,we offer Lathe and Milling/sheet metal fab/parts stamping service, any in need,
    Just contact me,[email protected],thanks
    Chinese spammer bumping a 5 year old thread, posting the same exact crap in every thread, classless. Nice to see someone using a hotmail account for business, what a joke.

Re: 1-2000 Delrin parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonqin0305 View Post
    Hey,guys,this is Jackson, mechanical manufacturing engineer with extensive field knowledge and work experience, my factory located in the world manufacture base center Dongguan/Shenzhen,China,your consultance of fabrication field of here always welcome,by the way,we offer Lathe and Milling/sheet metal fab/parts stamping service, any in need,
    Just contact me,[email protected],thanks
    Is someone going to ban this guy? All his posts are the same spam.

Page 2 of 2 12