587,147 active members*
5,558 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

10 amp 100volt steppers

Does any one know where i can get 10 amp 100volt "bipolar" stepper drives that run with mach 3 for under say 180 dollars piece
    the motors i have are 9 amp nema 42 max volt 140

Quote Originally Posted by dgalaxy View Post
    Does any one know where i can get 10 amp 100volt "bipolar" stepper drives that run with mach 3 for under say 180 dollars piece
    the motors i have are 9 amp nema 42 max volt 140
    I have the same problem like you, I have the same motors. Right now I found this http://nanotec.com/page_steuerungen_smc61_en.html if you found something better tell me please.

Now I´m working with them with the gecko stepper drive in serial mode and works fine. But I would like to have the best performance with a big stepper drive.

BR:
    Antonio
    http://www.granado.org

there are some at anheim automation but im trying to find something in the gecko range im going to run mine at 48 volt that the power supply that came with them

From gecko I suggest you the new G203V that i think that will be available this week.

BR:
    Antonio

www.granado.org

i think the new g203 will still only handle 7 amp is this true

Yes, all stepper drives from gecko are rated at 7A, 80VDC. But your motor in bipolar serial connection need only 6.3Amp. Higher voltages will give you more speed.

--------------------------------------------------
    www.granado.org