587,104 active members*
4,223 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > 100000 rpm spindle home made

Wink 100000 rpm spindle home made

thinking to bay 2 ceramic bearing and ( ER11 C8 100L Collet Chuck ) on ebay
    and bay brushless motor BLDC Inrunner Motor esc can connect to pmv 10v with resistor i read that ESC need 0.29volt to start i goes to 0.69volt maximum
    the power adapter 12v 10amp for esc or to bay ( brushless motor checker ) nice looking for cnc is only 7.2volt hummm maybe it works with small high speed motor

is easy to make and i really need 100000 rpm im cutting coper with 0.2mm 20deg the best is to have speed

any Recommendations can it be done

for small motor about 150watts silent and with ceramic bearing

ESC or brushless motor checker and how to connect so it can stop when it is finished

regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc spindle ardi.jpg  

100,000 rpm?!?!?!??!

There is no need for 100,000 RPM for copper or any other material in milling. What are you trying to make because I have seen a .2mm end mill...... more information is needed.

A small gas turbine might be suitable to drive this.

the er11 chuck likely isnt going to be balanced to better than 30krpm, less if its a cheap chinese one.

your bearings with an 8mm shaft wont be rated for 100000rpm unless they are p2 grade pure ceramic with a cooling jacket. even then youl have a hard time with alignment.

you wont be able to get a belt drive going that speed with any reliability, so youll need a direct drive which will limit the speed.

the rc motor is not going to work. the motor is likely rated for 50-60k rpm max due to bearing limitations, and the 150W is peak current draw which in an RC motor is "meltdown" current. realistic usable power would be 1/4 to 1/6 that. on top of that these motors are not meant to run more than 5 minutes at a time. they are built to be as light weight as possible with tiny aluminium shafts. they just wont last more than a few hours running in a spindle if that.

Question i try everything

I bought air spindle 70000 great and I do not have enough air with my compresor then I bought a dental handpiece 50k 70wata and is ok silent geat
    but it can be superb
    The problem is it uses engraving bit 10deg 0.2mm and 1mm copper cut with a minimum speed of 250mm-min 0.1mmdeap very small piece

if i make bldc rc motor i will have 60000 rpm if someone knows any motor like

scorpion brushless can work 200 deg i read the is impossible to break
    scorpion inrunner or something like that

Hi, thinking outside the box.....the new Jaguar C-X75 all electric concept car uses two micro gas turbines to produce the electrics for the batteries....micro turbines run with air bearings at about 100,000 rpm....anything with balls at this speed soon self destructs, air bearings are totally frictionless and don't need lubricating ever.

If'n I was thinking of constructing a spindle in this rev range I'd be designing with air bearings and an air turbine to get the revs.
    Ian.