588,540 active members*
4,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1017 Hydraulic fail.

Hello.

I have read in the manual, but i can`t find this error.

Can someone help me ?

Greetings from Robert.
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

You don't say what controller?
    But I think that is a operator message implemented by the OEM, if so you should be able to track it in the ladder.
    There should be rung(s) that trigger the message.
    Something like a Hyd oil level/pressure switch or over load.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

fanuc o-t leadwell ltc.
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

The older versions of 0 you could not display the ladder, on later versions parameter 60 bit 2 sets the ladder display on.
    Al.

Albert E.

Ok. some questions again, what is ladder? is there a screen that show me what is wrong?
    And do i change the parameter 60 to 2?

I really don`t want to change on the parameter, but if it is not "dangerous" i can do it..

Greetings from Robert.

no. parameter 60 bit #2 is likely to be 0 and you need to change it to 1. its a binary number so it can only be 1's and 0's and it's bit #2 you need to change. that means it's the 3rd number from the right. i.e. shown with an X..... 00000X00

However you probably shouldn't worry about it. If you don't know what the ladder is you're unlikely to know how to use it to troubleshoot your issue.

You'll have to find another way to solve your issue unless someone wants to explain in great detail how to use the ladder to solve this issue... I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
    Ok. some questions again, what is ladder? is there a screen that show me what is wrong?
    And do i change the parameter 60 to 2?

I really don`t want to change on the parameter, but if it is not "dangerous" i can do it..

Greetings from Robert.
    Robert,
    Ladder is refering to a symbolic program format, so named because its structured in rungs like a ladder. In its simplest form each rung may have a number of switches, either real world or internal software, and a coil at the end of the rung, again either real world or internal software. The switches on the rung may be normally open or normally closed, and to have the coil at the end of the rung turn on, all the switches must be in a state whereby the rung tests true.

A physical rung can be constructed using wire, a number of switches, a power source, and a light globe. If you were to wire a number of switches inline, with the light glode at the end of the wire, then connect the wire and globe to the power source, the switches would all have to be in a state that would allow the circuit to be complete, and hence have the light illuminated. This hard wired version of the rung is an early form of ladder logic.

You can't do any harm looking at the ladder, and you need software tools to be able to modify it, but its a very useful diagnostic tool. For example, if the coolant was not comming on, you would find the reference to the coolant switch in the Ladder Program and by switching it on and off physically, you will see it's symbol in the ladder rung swithing on and off. If the swich checked out OK with a multi meter, but does not switch in the PLC (Programable Logic Control) program, then it can be assumed that the problem is further down from the switch, a broken wire perhaps.

Whether your control is able to display the Ladder Logic or not, you may (should) have a hard copy of the Ladder and a list of addresses for the various switches, coils and relays. If you have this, you may find it easier to consult this initially to find the area of the program you should be focusing on. Obviously the hard copy won't show the state of switches and rungs, but one big advantage with the hard copy is that you can refer to a number of pages more easily than with the software version.

The attached picture shows a couple of rungs from a simple program. The first rungs has two switches, one normally open, one normally close and a an Output Coil at the end of the rung. To have this rung Test True, the Start needs to be On and Stop needs to be Off. The rung under the Start symbol is refered to as an "OR" rung. So the main rung will Test True if either the Start switch is on, OR if the Run switch is on. The Run Switch in the "OR" rung is a latch for the Run output at the end of the main rung, and is initially turned on when the Start switch first made the rung Test True. You would use this type of logic if the Start was a momentary switch. The initial press of the Start switch will make the rung Test True, then the Run switch in the "OR" rung will latch it true until the Stop switch breaks the circuit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLC1.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	143701

With some initial patience, you will find that following Ladder Logic is not that difficult.

I hope this has helped and not confused you more.

Regards,

Bill

some good info there, if he can understand boolean logic. keep going
    how is he going to be able to find the exact 'rung' for his error and it's associated switch? I have always just referred to the ladder diagram manual when necessary since there are human-readable text labels for each item but if the manual is not available then I think it'll be difficult to locate the exact cause?
    It'll be a switch or more likely a solenoid. hydraulic systems are usually simple, just oil and a container plus valves (i.e solenoids) and switches for feedback. a manual approach physically checking associated hydraulic components might be faster.
    I'd check the solenoids first. they can be triggered manually from the bottom side by inserting something long and pressing. I guess it depends on the exact type of solenoid for specific manual triggering method but just try touching each solenoid. if one is red hot then you have your failed solenoid

Hello.

Thanks for answer

It seems that the problem is just when i clamp/unclamp both jaws.. so i have inserted G4 in my program, so both clamps not running at same time.

Greetings from Robert.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    no. parameter 60 bit #2 is likely to be 0 and you need to change it to 1. its a binary number so it can only be 1's and 0's and it's bit #2 you need to change. that means it's the 3rd number from the right. i.e. shown with an X..... 00000X00
    Hello again, the parameter 60 is:
    Bit 2 is 1
    Bit 0 is 1

Robert.

that means your ladder should be visible.
    press your PMC button and then the view ladder button. I dont know your control layout but usually the ladder view is on the first soft button

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    that means your ladder should be visible.
    press your PMC button and then the view ladder button. I dont know your control layout but usually the ladder view is on the first soft button
    What button is PMC?

Greetings from Robert.

The Diag/Para soft key should be on the bottom of the screen.
    If you have a hard copy listing of the I/O the physical inputs are shown as Xxxx.x and the outputs as Yyyy.y.
    If it occurs when simultaneous operation of two valves, then I would suspect either an input registers such as a Hyd pressure switch etc.
    There could also be confirmation P.S. on the clamps, this kind of thing can cause an error like you mentioned, it could also be symptomatic of an impending low pressure of the system?
    Watch the ladder rung when the fault is expected.
    If you locate any inputs switches in the listing then you can search the ladder for the Xxxx.x input and locate and view the status of the rung, the output coil of the rung, could be the register bit that sets the alarm.
    Do you have the Fanuc Maintenance manual for this machine?
    If not send me a PM with an email add.
    Al.

Albert E.

it could be accessed via your soft buttons. like I said I don't know your control. maybe service/pmc/ladder whatever.

Ok, i will take a look at this one.
    The machine is:

Leadwell Ltc-10S
    Fanuc O-T

Robert.

or try SYSTEM then PMC

Quote Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
    Ok, i will take a look at this one.
    The machine is:

Leadwell Ltc-10S
    Fanuc O-T

Robert.
    Robert,
    As you may have gleaned from posts thus far, there are quite a few variation on this control. One method that works on many is to repeatedly press the DGNOS PARAM hard key if you machine is equipped in this way. Repeated pressing this button cycles through the various pages associated with it.

Regards,

Bill