587,832 active members*
3,422 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

1d CNC cut machine

This may not be the place to post this. I will move this if so. I know machines like this exist but I have not the money. I cut extruded aluminum a lot. I want to build a cnc back stop. It would be cool to just type in a length and have it move. I own a tiny shop that specializes in aluminum welding/fabrication. I can build whatever is necessary. I even want to build a cnc "turret" to change the angle of my saw. I know i need to learn a lot about CNC. I guess im just fishing for thoughts on how you guys (the pros) would do it. It would be nice to put up to a 24' stick in take a sliver off the end and "Zero" then type in a length, it moves, i cut. then either type in a new number or have a repeat button. I would also like back and forth buttons to move it manually. Any ideas on how i can make this happen. Is there a way to have a user interface like that (like a cnc shear)?

Here is the Tiger stop First in Automatic Pusher Systems, Material Stops | TigerStop
    they also make the saw gear SAWGEAR > Home
    I want it to have a controls like the saw gear (even if it is on a computer). but built more like the tiger stop. Any ideas?

I have been searching forever. I found the "frog" single axis controller. it doesn't exist any longer, looks perfect. The sherline may work but i don't know Handwheels and drives Anything?