587,243 active members*
3,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > 2 1/2d : onecnc vs bobcad?

2 1/2d : onecnc vs bobcad?

I'm interested in onecnc, but we program off existing 2d dwgs most off the time. I'm familiar with bobcad v20 in 2d, is onecnc simular?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by triberman
    I'm interested in onecnc, but we program off existing 2d dwgs most off the time. I'm familiar with bobcad v20 in 2d, is onecnc simular?
    Thanks
    Thats a loaded question you can program off your existing 2d dwgs are
    Import a IGES,DGN,DXF,STEP,RHINO,SAT,STL,VDA-FS file and make programs using onecnc.

It is insanely quick with OneCNC to program off of 2d drawings. Plus you can import all your BC drawings easily. Not to mention dimension the drawing, the hole wizard. Depending on your print, in 2D you don't need to draw/show the thickness of the part in most cases. Just a flat drawing is all you need, you don't even need to use arcs i.e. circles to illustrate drill holes, only points are required, the hole wizard will sort out the dimensions of the holes from your input when you go to post your code. I could provide some simple examples if it would help.

Here's a link to the first part I made with OncCNC http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13693

Couldn't figure out how to do it with BC V19.

Oh, if you are just doing 2D and don't need to work with IGES imports, the best news is all you need is the Express version, email or IM me for more info.

Talking thanks..

I went with a network seat of XR2 pro, we're making progress with it! :cheers:
    Drew