588,468 active members*
4,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

2006 TM-1 won't boot up!

I've got an 06 TM-1. When I try to start the machine all I get is a memory check then it says launching application or something like that, then nothing. Anyone have this problem before? I've spoke to the service guy and I'm waiting for a tech. Are there any resets on the boards or something I can try now?

Our 2006 VF machine did that the day after install. We turned off the main power at the panel then back on and it behaved itself and booted up okay after that. I have no idea whether it would have booted up anyway. My policy in these things is to turn main power off, thump things and only call service when these sophisticated solutions fail.

I've tried that including the thump to the control box near the computer I checked the incoming power with my meter. The 3 led's on the power supply board are all lit and the green pass or fail light is lit. Their are two fuses on the power supply board and their lights are not lit, although I haven't taken the fuses out to physically check them. The machine is 8 months old with 600 hours on the clock, go figure.

Did you unlock the machine with the code Haas should have given you?

New machines shut off and won't restart after 6-800 hrs depending on model.

No I never unlocked it, but I paid for the machine when I bought it, no financing, so shouldn't the machine come unlocked? It never showed a message on the control about unlocking the machine. My SL-10 was financed and I did have to unlock the machine, but a message came up on the control.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    No I never unlocked it, but I paid for the machine when I bought it, no financing, so shouldn't the machine come unlocked? It never showed a message on the control about unlocking the machine. My SL-10 was financed and I did have to unlock the machine, but a message came up on the control.
    I have always paid cash but all my machines required the unlock code at 800 hours and they all gave warning. One timed out before we got the code but it came up with something on the screen that told us that it did not just refuse to boot up.

I just bought one cash too, still needed an unlock code. Never seen one locked up but by Geof's description that is not your problem. Call Haas and get the unlock code, you will need it eventually.

Hope you get your problem fixed.

Problem fixed! The tech showed up this morning. He checked a bunch of stuff then installed the latest control software. She's working fine now. He thinks it was a software glitch that caused it. They even fixed it under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Problem fixed! ....They even fixed it under warranty.
    So they should if it is software. Software does not wear out so if it is faulty from day one it should always be fixed at no charge to the purchaser.

Amen

I thought the warranty was only 6 months but I looked at the warranty certificate in the manual and it says 1 year. I'm just glad they got out here that quick, and I sure hope it doesn't happen again. Installing new software isn't something I'm going to try any time soon.

software upgrades are free from haas

Software upgrades: the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Expensive lesson learned when I upgraded from ver5 to ver6 software on my Bridgeport Extrak. Software is like electrons - you can't see how they work therefore you can't trust them.

HINT: use/try all the new features of the software ASAP - no sense finding out the stuff has a glitch AFTER the warrantly runs out. Post #9 is so true but not all mfr's look at it with such logic....

I'm sure the software is free, but having the tech come out to install it probably isn't free.

The tech did recommend the "don't fix it if it aint broke" logic when it comes to the software upgrades.