587,998 active members*
1,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Open Source CNC Machine Designs > 2'x3' Free Router Plans - All Aluminum and Steel, Completely Bolt together
Page 23 of 23 13212223

Red face Insteresting food for thought....

I never gave much thought to the lead screw not being parallel but bet thats a good starting point to look at for my binding/stuttering/jamming issue.

I will report back with my finding this weekend.

Exclamation Update

I successfully cut my first peice this weekend!!!

Nothing to exciting though.... (No Mayan calendar...YET!) I just Zeroed in on my work peice and cut the roadrunner picture from the examples directory in Mach3. It was clean and nice even thouogh I was/am still in need of major adjustments to my movement systems on X and Y.

Post that minor victory I worked for a few hours adjusting tweeking and testing the X and Y and am in a much been situation than I was in prior to my adjustments but now I have a new and weird issue to deal with.

Problem: When I swing the "Z" all the way to the right or left and try to move the Y forward or reverse it jams up and or stutters every time. It seems as if the weight of the "Z" messes up the way the carrages on the sides of the Y are sitting on the rails. I am guessing that my Y carriges are going to need some adjustment and tightening to disallow the weight of the Z to affect the "roll" of the Y carriges.

Any thoughts?

:boxing:

It's probably not your carriages. If you are having difficulty at the ends of travel, the culprit is likely a misaligned motor mount of bearing block. The screw can flex a minute amount in the center of travel to compensate, but towards the fixed ends, things tighten up. I'd recommend loosening one component at a time and running the machine back and forth until it runs more smoothly -- that will help identify what needs to be adjusted. Candidates include (in the following order): free end bearing block, fixed bearing block, ACME nut, motor mount.

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Question Question on setting "MACHINE ZERO" in MACH three for the FLA-100

I wanted to throw this out there to see if I can get a hand with a problem I am having while setting up the FLA-100 machine paramitiers in Mach3.

I am having a difficult time attempting to set "Machine zero" and setting the proper machine table size in Mach3. Concequently the soft limits are all wrong and the home location is not right.

1. Can some please post a screen shot of their FLA-100 "HOME LIMITS" table settings in Mach3.

2. Can someone whom has installed "Limit switches on thier FLA-100 please post pictures of their mounting locations?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
    (group)

Talking Bump: Home limit settings for the FLA-100 in MACH3??

Anyone that is fully configured care to share thier FLA-100 MACH3 MACHINE LIMIT/HOME LIMIT setting screen shot from the configuration page??

Thank you in advance for your effort!

:cheers:

Hello guys,
    I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
    looking forward to build a Cnc Machine with guidance of people here.
    Is it possible to get building plans for machine which would have workspace of about 18" by 48".
    Thank you.

Look at the FLA-200 plans, which are for a 24" x 48" working area. You could easily modify them for a smaller X.

ftp://finelineautomation.com/FLA200-00_rev1.zip

Lengthening FLA100 bed and stainless screws?

I would like to extend the FLA100 to get 45" in cutting length (X). In looking at the documentation the changes would consist of lengthening the 8020 sides, longer steel rails and longer drive screw. Can anyone think of any potential issues and this being a bad idea instead of going the FL200 route? (Sagging bed, screw whip, etc.)

I was also thinking of upgrading the screws to stainless instead of the black finish for good corrosion resistance. My garage is humid at various times of the year and want to prevent rusting. I have used Enco oil finish Acme screws on a CNC foam cutter and they have developed rust a couple times over the past year or so. I keep cleaning them and tried paste wax, teflon bike lube, and now lithium grease diluted with mineral spirits applied with a toothbrush. Keeping these rust free is a PIA and want to eliminate this maintenance if I build a router. Any potential problems with going to stainless? Or does anyone think this is overkill with the black finish (Heat-Treated 4140 Alloy Steel) having enough rust resistance?

Scott

I would greatly appreciate some help please

I want to adjust the height of my z-axis to be close to the table. How do I get in there to loosen and tighten the hex screws behind the z-axis without taking everything off?

An L-shaped hex wrench doesn't fit behind there. I really do NOT want to take everything back apart.

Thanks!!
    Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0719-2048.jpg  
    Please check out my CNC blog
    http://cncinside.com

Keith,

The only real option is to cut an allen wrench down to a "stub" allen wrench to get in there, and even this looks like it could be tough. If you end up taking it apart, you may want to consider replacing the button heads with standard hex bolts for future maintenance. We ended up doing this on all of our larger machine plans. I know this doesn't help you now, though -- good luck.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Thanks Ahren - I will try cutting one down to size.

Anyone see why I couldn't increase the FLA100 size to 2.5ft x 4ft?
    Will widening it cause racking problems?
    Bed sag?

Thanks,
    Scott

I've been searching for a forum post that I saw months ago on the alignment of the FLA100. Does anyone know of any good posts on tips to square up the unit during assembly? I remember one guy was using a collection of 123 machinst's blocks. I have basic tools of a long bubble level, carpenter's square, and digital caliper. I can't find it for the life of me.

Scott

Not sure if you can tell from the pics but vibration or something from the machine made the cutter some how go in the negative on the X axis..... AAUUGGHHH

Not sure what to do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG1383-2048.jpg   IMAG1384-2048.jpg  

Page 23 of 23 13212223