587,203 active members*
3,309 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

325 Coolant Pump

I am having a problem with my coolant pump, it starts out pumping fine & continually dies off. I pulled the pump & there's 2 rubber wasers just floating on the shaft, coolant sprays out of the top of the pump cavity & I assume that these rubber washers are there to contain that, but I don't understand how. There's a hole in the shaft, like there's supossed to be a roll pin, but it's a little too high to contain the rubber tight enough to do anything? Anybody know about these pumps?

Also, Are they really 3phase 220volt pumps??
    www.turtleracingproducts.com

My manual only shows a pump assy, and no details about it so you may need to contact 3S.

Yes, they are three-phase 240. I decided after hearing the horror stories of coolant growing bacteria in sumps that I wasn't going to use the sump in my machine (plus I didn't want to try and get it all the sediment loosened up and washed out), and so I bought a MicroDrop for general use, and one of those 5 gallon tanks with pumps in case I ever want to sling flood coolant all over the shop.

cheers,
    Michael

My pump on the TREE machine did not work when I got it and it was not easy to remove. Also some of the hoses were broken. I got a common water cooler pump. I had to redo the wiring for 110V and hook it up to a switch.

The rubber i believe is only there to keep coolant from migrating up the shaft to the motor. You sure its turning the right direction?

I have not used my pump a lot yet but it does pump well. It is a cheap replacement. Just beware for the wiring as the original pump is 220V and this one is 110V. I could not find the right wires to connect to make it pump only when the spindle is on so i just connected it to the wire entrance and put in an extra switch to turn the pump on and off.