587,698 active members*
3,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > 3D sketch from intersection curve

Hybrid View

3D sketch from intersection curve

Hello sw experts, I have a little problem and was hoping you can help me.I have created a curve within a 3D sketch, this curve was crated with the : intersection curve comand and of course is formed at the intersection of 2 surfaces(and is recognized as spline), now I need to fillet the edge where the 2 surfaces meet with a variable radius but when I try to select it, is divided in 3 segments, is there a way to join these 3 segments and make them a single entity,so I can fillet it with a variable radius because the way it is now the only way to select the whole curve is to selct the 3 segments of the spline and I dont get the desired result,can you guys please help me? the version is 2010 . the only way sw let me select it as a single entity is with fillet xpert but then i cant get a a variable radius . thank you very much for your time .

If nothing else, just create a new 3D sketch and use the underlying 3 curves to make a new single spline. Problem solved?

thank you for your advice mcphill but i tried that before and i tried once again but it just wont let me select the whole spline unless its on fillet xpert I appreciate y