587,941 active members*
3,340 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

6061 T6 turning/milling job

I need approximately 100 of the attached part, with some slight variation in the outer circle pattern (80 ea with 16 holes, 20 ea with 14). Max OD of this part is 64mm, thickness of 14.5mm. I will also need 100 associated parts that are slightly larger (74mm max OD). I will also need another 100 pair of similar parts.

I can provide an IGES file.

These parts will also need type 3 hard anodizing, and some milling after the ano process.

Send me a note and I can give details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PlainRight.jpg  

If you are going to anodize you should spec USA or European aluminum and require certs, the cheap Chinese crap aluminum people will use is going to have issues.
    You also need to provide tolerances for an accurate quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    If you are going to anodize you should spec USA or European aluminum and require certs, the cheap Chinese crap aluminum people will use is going to have issues.
    You also need to provide tolerances for an accurate quote.
    I might have done that if I knew what you were talking about. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by rkappius View Post
    I might have done that if I knew what you were talking about. Thanks for the help.
    Chinese aluminum is famous for leaving discoloration and spotting after anodizing. You could send the anodizer 100 parts and 75 would look good and 25 would end up being scrap. By certs I mean certification papers which shows what mill the aluminum comes from.

We wouldn't mind taking a look at your project and quoting your three different parts
    if I have not misread. Would be great to see solid files or prints for the three parts in
    question. We have several great places to source for the anodize and have had great luck with them in the past. To follow up on Dualkits reply, we only use domestic aluminum for our parts and keep copies of our mill certs on file for ourselves and the customer. We like to keep an open line of communication with our customers and
    are always available to talk to you directly if you would prefer. (785) 877-5381

You can email any files to [email protected], Look forward to hearing from you.

You can take a look at our shop Miltech Machine, give a look and see what you think.

Thankyou!

Did you find a source for your project yet? If not, we would be interested in quoting. Please send the data file. What about dimensional tolerance?

Thanks,
    Doug Pryor
    David Wolfe Design, Inc.
    Akron, OH
    www.davidwolfedesign.com
    [email protected]

I would also like to quote your parts. Please send info to [email protected]

Thanks

Successfully found a shop

Thanks for all the responses, but I've found a shop to do this work.

Dualkit

That's the anodizer not the material, I find most of the Chinese material to be better than the US manufactured
    Mactec54