588,357 active members*
8,463 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > A couple engraving samples done with Dolphin

A couple engraving samples done with Dolphin

Here are a couple parts I did this weekend using Dolphin CAD/CAM for the programs. I tried a couple of fully functional demo coversion programs (Accutrace & Magic Tracer)that did do very well for the trace but I still needed to do some cleanup with Autocad and Partmaster prior to creating the toolpaths. The Call of Duty one had a lot of detail and I probably tried to include more than was needed for this small of an engraving but I was pleased with the outcome. These are .125" thick X 3.5" Dia. aluminum discs. Take a look and let me know what you think:

Regards,
    Wes

Pretty cool however the "Raiders Example" would be better if it were the Green Bay Packers, haha!!

Yeah, I know the Raiders are not everyones favorite and I did not do it for myself. It is basically part of a set of all the teams, but this one is going to my sons girlfriend. I am working on putting together a collection of team favorites and it is just a step towards the final goal. My other son is into Call of Duty 4, Counterstrike, and Battlefield 2142 so the COD 4 one is for him. I make them into drink coasters but I want to set up a small annodizing station so I can achieve a more appealing finish on the final parts. Clear laquer works but has been a hassle and has created some minor problems too.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Regards,
    Wes

That's neat!! What machine are you using?

I have a SX3 CNC mill from SyilAmerica. I almost have the flood coolant enclosure finished, but still need to complete the Lexan side walls. I have been just applying the cutting fluid with an acid brush and removing the chips with compressed air for now. It seems like it will be such a convenience to have the flood coolant setup finished and will allow unattended operation also. I am limited somewhat by my table capacity but am very satisfied with the performance of the SX3. I work with Amada CNC punch presses and the one I currently operate is 98.425" in X and 60.039" in the Y with a 58 tool turret, so this mill is much smaller than I am used to using. I was wondering if Dolphin has posts for Amada turret punches and lasers?? Here is a picture of my mill positioned on the flood coolant table:

Regards,
    Wes

Its kind of a coincidence you asked about the post for Amada. We actually have a prospect that is currently requesting that post. They are extremely difficult to create post for but we can do it. We are waiting for confirmation from this prospect before completeting it. They are normal post, they require alot due to the tools, etc.

Another engraved part

Here is a 1942 Aeronca L-3B Grasshopper airplane I engraved tonight:

Regards,
    Wes

your outta control pop, that chit looks bananas. great job.

Another small engraving made with Partmaster

Here is a small engraving done last week. The part size is around 1.2" x 3.0" and it is created from a logo which has all double line fonts. It was good to see the character lines did not break into each other than the phone number which has since been redrawn in a single line font. Take a look:

Regards,
    Wes

No link or pic has showed up.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Hi Rodney,
    The picture is displaying for me when I access this page. Maybe I need to change the way I post the pictures?I will include the picture with this reply just in case and do it a little differently.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Regards,
    Wes

For some reason, it is showing up now. Weird. Anyways, that turned out nice.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support