587,550 active members*
3,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 13 of 16 31112131415
    [EDIT] post i was refering to has been removed

why are people copping what i said on the last page?

Hi
    New member here
    Wolffie from Tully Heads, Queensland.
    Looking forwards to learning lots.
    Cheers
    Wolffie:banana:

quick intro

Hi all, just a quick intro. I'm in Wellington, NZ. Currently (still) completing a 5 axis build - see my gallery for some old, and newer pics, more to come.
    Also...

If you are local, or have a good trailer for transporting it - I have some large cnc machine hardware up for trade (or sale) - two steel table frames, plus linear steel rails and custom bearing units for large xyz cnc machine 1300x2600mm (plus has 2x z axis units). No motors, or rack/pinoin, leadscrews, electronics etc. It's just the frames, rails, & bearing units.

Cant make any promises with this bargain - first in first served.
    ph:0 21 118 3772
    cheers
    Tony

That sounds like a cryptic crossword clue

Hi all

I'm not new becuase I joined a year or so ago. This is the first time I have communicated in the cnczone forum though. i'm David and I live on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
    I am totally new to CNC but I want to get into designing metal parts.

First question:
    1) What is your advice to beginners who haven't done this before? What kind of machine would I have to buy?
    2) What are the different types of machines and what aree they used for.

David

Hi Again all

i am looking for someone that can do a small job (small being relative)

i have 6 of these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Great Planes Rimfire Prop Adapter MOD 35mm.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	166839

and i need them machined to fit on the top(the 4 bolt holes re drilled in a bit on each)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dimentions.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	166840

i am at acacia ridge south side of Brisbane

some form of payment can be discussed

PM me if you think you can help

PS:- if you think it would be easier to make new ones from scratch that would be ok too

Can someone contact me regarding CNC scanning and machining a 5 foot high statue. I have no idea where to start.

"CNC scanning and machining"
    You'd like to set up to eventually do it yourself OR you'd like to find someone that can provide this service for you? If it's the second one then it depends where you live. If it's Sydney then WSIWYG (WYSIWYG 3D - What You See Is What You Get in 3D!) will certainly be able to help you for the scanning. In Qld, amongst others there is John Cox at the Gold Coast who has Laser scanning facilities and a Thermwood 5 axis router.

Skippy thank you very much. Outsource is much better. How accurate is the finish. Can it be primed and painted or does it need to be checked and faired in places??

"Can it be primed and painted or does it need to be checked and faired in places??"
    That just depends on the tool diameter and "step over" used on the router. Small router bits with small step overs = lots of passes by the router = lots of time to router it = lots of dollars. Larger router bits = a lesser total amount of passes by the router = less router time = a cheaper job but with more manual clean up required to get the detail. Have a look at John Cox's web site as he has done many figures (for movie productions) and I think some statues as well.

Putting out feelers for cutting model glider moulds

Sorry for double posting this ... I put it on the RFQ section too. Being new I don't know which threads are appropriate.

I am not a CNC guy. I'm one of a number of RC glider enthusiasts who've been designing and building homebrew gliders, particularly for the relatively new and awesome pursuit of dynamic soaring which makes gliders (no motors) reach extreme speeds. Very addictive.

Several of us have designed planes that perform very well, and we've then made gelcoat/ epoxy moulds from plugs. We've thus got some good composite moulding experience but the moulds are crappy and we now want to move up to accurate CNC cut moulds.

I have had drawings completed and moulds drawn and .stp files completed. So I'm ready to go. A couple of other mates are in a similar position. But being a hobby thing, we don't want to spend a fortune on it. Moulding good planes is time consuming and difficult, and we all have proper jobs, so we're never going to make money from it ... it's a labour of love really. I've been doing a lot of chasing around but haven't yet found a cheap and good option. There's a guy in the UK who is experienced and prices not bad, but the freight is a killer.

I have a wing mould and 2 smaller moulds (stabilizer and fin). Each has a top and bottom half, with a shallow cut. The surface is going to have to be polished for gloss paint. The size of each half of the wing mould is 1700mm x 290mm and 50mm depth. Maximum depth of the cut is about 10mm.

I'm negotiable on the choice of material ... options being tooling resin block or aluminium, or a plastic such as Corian.

Can anyone help me (and maybe my mates) get these done properly at a reasonable price? I'm almost ready to give up. I'm in the Brisbane area.

Thanks,
    Andrew

i only have a small CNC (cut size 500mmx320mmx80mm) but you buy the cutting bits and learn how to use it and a small fee for power (not much) and work out how to section up the molds to fit the unit your welcome to have a go at it

i am at acacia ridge (south side)

Thanks but I'm looking for someone who can do it for me, so I can get onto making good planes rather than getting absorbed in learning CNC. .

hmm ok good luck dont think you will find that for a low price

the cnc's cost a lot and time is worth even more

nothing in this world is "free" everything will have a "price" somewhere

I have a cnc desktop engraver/router unit 3020. I run Mach 3 cnc software. When I try to engrave, the machine puts lines across and under the letters being engraved. I have tried everything to remedy the problem. Does anyone out there have any ideas.Brian in Brisbane.

Which software are you using?
    Cheers
    Wolffie

I am running Mach3 on a windows xp machine, clean install nothing else on the computer.
    Will leave underline under letters and joins the top of one letter to the bottom of the next letter.
    Have spoken to Mach3 software people but they couldn't give me an answer.
    Cheers
    Brian

post 1 of your g-code files here and i'll have a look at it

I have uploaded a gcode file for you to have a look at.
    It was created with the Mach3 wizard (write) facility
    Cheers
    Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 13 of 16 31112131415