588,219 active members*
4,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 8 of 16 678910

Near you

Quote Originally Posted by domar View Post
    Hello Murray
    That is great, probably the best I have seen for a while!!!
    I have only recently found the cnc site and am struggling with finding my way around it. I am in Mulgrave and interested in hearing from anybody near here who is into cnc.
    Regards
    Don
    Mulgrave, Vic
    Don ,

I live near you, I am in Narre Warren South and I have been a member for a few month, I Have A small EMCO Compact 8 Lathe with a Vertical Milling attachment that I want to retrofit CNC, give us call and we have chat i have plenty of time as a retired.
    Regards
    John. Phone 9703-1935

Smile Greeetings from Brisbane

Hi all, my name is Frank and I live in Brisbane. I am currently searching for a hobby to keep me sane in retirement. I have never done any machining of metals other than a short lathe course through TAFE a number of years ago.

Now I have the time and a bit of spare money I am looking at purchasing a small lathe and learning how to use it. That should take me through until i fall of the perch like Monty Pythons parrot.

I have been fascinated by the capability of CNC machines and operators and the ability to turn a slab of metal into a very useful item.

I will keep reading these forums until I gain enough knowledge to buy a small CNC machine for my lathe eventually.

Thanks

Frank
    Brisbane
    "Nothing is as frightening as regret".

Gday All,
    Darren here in Hastings Vic. Im just at the stage of completing my first CNC router. I built it as per the Rockcliff plans. Im using a probotix package to drive it and mach3 to run it all. If anyone has any ideas or can help with the set up, please let me know. Im glad I found this group of locals.
    Regards
    Darren

Start a thread and ask questions.

We have plenty of ideas and can help but you need to close the scope of your questions a little bit please.

Hi I the very same happen to me with bobcad and what prices ???

When you purchase Mach 3for $159 Us , included you get a limited copy LasyCam, now if you need something more than that, you get LasyCad Pro for $70.00Us
    Regards
    John Hansen
    Narre Warren South,
    Melbourne

Hello All,

I've been lurking off and on for a couple of years and will soon be active i hope as i will be possibly getting a roland mdx-20 cheap!

Best Wishes

Darren
    Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne

PS i'm also involved in avr's c, vb and analog design. so ask and i'll help if i can.

New guy

Hello!all,my name is evan ,i am in shanghai china , i am a CNC programmer now(using UG_NX2 & AUTOCAD) ,and before i also am a CNC machinist (FANUC,SIEMENS_DMG,MAKINO,etc).
    I hope discuss CNC , CAM with you all together , and I am very glad to hear from you all , feel free to add me , my MSN is [email protected]
    LET'S DISCUSS CNC TOGETHER!!!

Hi,

Anyone from the Burdekin area south of Townsville,:wave:

Darren.

Not quite from the Burdekin but I am about 60 k's south of Cairns

Russell.

This may have been answered before, and I did a search, but couldn't get too far- where's a place from which I can get mail-order carbide ball-nose & fine engraving endmills in 1/8" & 1/4" shanks. There seem plenty of places with 4mm & 6mm shanks, but our router has imperial collets. I don't mind mailorder in Australia, or ebay type mail order from Singapoer/Hong Kong etc.
    Thanks, Ian

Did you find any Australian suppliers ?

Yes, but not from any responses here, unfortunately...

Onsrud bits- very good- have a dealer in Perth which I found via google.
    PLenty of bits are available at Carbatec- standard woodworking stuff- but good if you don't yet have that stuff. I was more interested in solid carbide cutters.
    Multicam USA have an aussie equivalent renamed Matcam- they have a catalogue of bits which you can get if you contact them.

A place in Brisbane resharpens engraving bits. (found via google)

Positive Camtech in Sydney have a pdf catalogue (old) but it shows you a lot- on their website.

Nothing cheap though, anywhere! (yet!)

Routerbits.com

Hi Stewey, Take a look at the Routerbits.com website. You can download their catalogue.
    They have a large range of bits at very reasonable prices. delivery from the USA takes about one week. We bought some bits from them a couple of months ago and were quite impressed with the service and the bits.

Rocket.

darren hastings vic
    hi i live in grantville vic
    i might be able to help you
    i run mach3 we might be able to help
    you can email me [email protected]
    regards mac

Hi Do we have a few people out there in NZ & Aust with a Tormach Mill.
    Roger

Roger what part of NZ are you name sounds familiar/regards Ralph

King Rich Mill

My first post.
    I've been looking at a King Rich turret Mill KR-V2000 or KR-V2500 and CNC conversion.

These are sold by Standaco in Melbourne with Proto Trak CNC kit.
    The Proto Trak system seems very good but is way beyond what I can justify for my mainly hobby requirements.

A UK site shows what I'm looking at:
    http://www.xyzmachinetools.com/index...00_turret_mill

I can buy the mill, "Proto Trak ready" ie. without the conversion kit fitted. Ball screws and motor mounts fitted at the factory.
    I've also been making enquiries with CNCtecnix about their CNC kit.

Thinking just 2 axis initially and controlling Quill later as secondary project.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts and advice.

Talking Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

My name is Peter and I live in Greymouth New Zealand. Have just finished building my Joes 4x4 in a 2x3 format. Any one in NZ wanting to build one I can tell you that getting a lot of the parts like the 80/20, (heart of the build) proved to be impossible as Australia is the nearest supplier and they would not respond to my emails. Vbearing suppliers in the States did not reply to my emails either. To get around these problems I built my own V-Bearings from skateboard, (608), bearings and substituted a Minitech extrusion for the 80/20. Acme leadscrew is another item I have not yet found in NZ so have substituted with 12mm Allthread but will get the correct thing in the future once I find a supplier. If anyone knows where I can get it in NZ or Australia I would appreciate it. In the mean time I am very happy with my machine. I found Joe's design and plans very good and easily scalable to suit the size I needed. It also was very forgiving of design modifications as you can see the quality of the cut in the photo below. I see that I am the only one in NZ to build one of these to date so if anyone is interested in building one I can help with any questions you may have.

Cheers
    Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4x4 running.jpg   Cut Quality.jpg  
    The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cncnutz

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Lauder View Post
    Hi Do we have a few people out there in NZ & Aust with a Tormach Mill.
    Roger
    Where did you buy your Tormach Mill? Cost? Shipping? Is it a good thing?

Hi ,anyone from Coffs Harbour area interested in model engine makeing.

Ian Sagaris.

Page 8 of 16 678910