587,518 active members*
3,042 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > ABOUT stop for tool inspection

ABOUT stop for tool inspection

I've HAAS TRM 1HE
    Can anybody help with this:
    How to stop the program, then stop the spindle to inspect the tool, change the inserts if needed , then return to the actual position where the program was stoped and then to start the spindle and the program from the poin where it was?
    I've tried to find this in the manual but did not find it.
    All other controlers in our shop have this option - Fagor, HEIDENHAIN, CEMIS

Regads: Martin

I have a Haas VF-5/50. I can't remember what it is called, but I think it is "program restore" or "program restart" I think that this function must be turned on somewhere on the control. I can look on my machine when I get to the shop and let you know.

The quick way to do it is to wait for a clear point or program a clear point in the program. Hit the "feed hold" button and then hit the "stop" button on the spindle speed/feed rate area of the control. (lower lefthand side) This will stop the spindle. Then just hit "start" to return to the cut.

I do this all the time with the lathe to check inserts and finishes etc.

I hope this helps.

on the VMCl you can hit feed hold , use your remote if you have one, select axis to move hit jog on the control ..and jog away along with an anoying beep will flash on the screen , when done hit cycle start, and it will give you a menu to select next move.

re

Originally posted by mtlmnchr
    on the VMCl you can hit feed hold , use your remote if you have one, select axis to move hit jog on the control ..and jog away along with an anoying beep will flash on the screen , when done hit cycle start, and it will give you a menu to select next move.
    But I do not have remote
    Can I do it with jog section on the keyboard??
    Regads : Martin

you know I am not sure, I will check this out and let you know asap

aight here ya go...

hit feed hold button. machine stops
    type x,y,z,or a on the keyboard, not the axis select
    hit [handle jog] key machine will beep, and flash jogging [?] axis ? = axis you selected
    if you punch an invalid axis it will tell you that and you can push [cancel] to remove the notice then restart with the correct axis name typing ...remember ...it is the typing key not the axis select key.

If you chose to move more than one axis during this method it will allow it ...but remember while the machine is supposed to replicate your moves in reverse, machines do as they please sometimes ...if you need to move multiple axis I would suggest being very very careful on the re-entry to part.

you can also stop the spindle at this point to change the inserts.

when done just hit cyle start, the spindle should start, then the moves will begin

Thank you

Ok I'll try it today
    And I'll write here if it works

OK IT WORKS

I did tried this .
    So the steps are:
    FeedHold
    Axis letter
    HandJOG
    joging the axes
    stop spindle
    check inserts
    MEM
    START

Thank you very much
    Regards: MArtin

JUST FEED HOLD -- WRITE DOWN THE N NUMBER (OR BLOCK NUMBER)ON THE CONTROL --RESET AND THEN JOG YOUR Z OUT --- TO RESTART TYPE THE N NUMBER THEN ARROW DOWN--THEN SCROLL TO THE
    NEXT Z RAPID MOVE BEFORE THAT BLOCK AND START FROM THERE ---MANUALLY TURN ON COOLANT IF YOU NEED IT

SETTING 36 MUST BE ON
    DONT MIND MY SPELLING ... IM JUST A MASHINIST

http://www.cncmagazine.com/Answers/Feat_Opt.htm

I think that may help?
    The "Restart in the Middle of a Contour" section.