588,099 active members*
5,195 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Accessing Macros on Studer S32/Fanuc 21-t

Accessing Macros on Studer S32/Fanuc 21-t

Hi All-

We are testing a new accessory on a Studer s32 grinder with a Fanuc 21-t control. We would like to look at and if possible edit a G-code driven macro in the control. The macro program no. is 9013, but we can't see it in the directory even with param 3202 NE9 set to 0. We have also played with the SPR and P9E bits in 3204 to no useful effect. We did not look at 3210/3211 (password/keyword) but NE9 was writable.

We have not talked with Studer, yet, but end-user reports that they tend to be tight-lipped re. proprietary info, so some scheme to hide or protect their macros seems likely.

Any ideas or past experiences with this type of issue?

Thanks!

Marc

send the BOOT sram backup file to me , i can get password .

Ker-

Thanks for the offer- I am not sure we need the password, as NE9 is writable. In any event, we don't have that much access to that machine just now.
    Will keep your offer in mind, though.

Marc

Hi Marc
    If the Macro program you want to edit is one supplied by the MTB, it may be whats referred to as a Built In Macro. Check if there are any values registered in parameters 12011 and 12012. These parameters define the first and last program number respectively reserved for use as Built In Macros. If there are values stored there, determine if your O9013 is within the range defined in 12011 and 12012. If so, you will need a password to access the program.

Regards,

Bill

Bill-

Just talked to the guy in the field- those params. (12011, 12012) both show all zeros. Are THOSE params password protected??

Any more ideas greatly appreciated!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by marcwdci View Post
    Bill-

Just talked to the guy in the field- those params. (12011, 12012) both show all zeros. Are THOSE params password protected??

Any more ideas greatly appreciated!

Marc
    Hi Marc,
    To view the value is not password protected. If both parameters contain Zero, then no program numbers have been reserved for Built In Macro's. It's past 1:00 am here, but I'll read your Posts again later today and perhaps be able to suggest something else.

Regards,

Bill

Hi,
    could you please give complete cnc model information, is it 21-ta or 21-tb or perhaps a 210-t... or an i-series.?
    as there are many possibilities, then there are also more than one way to customise a control.

Struder would most likely use "macro executor" function, as a higher lever of software-protection is possible.
    these files are compiled and out-of-reach for all except for the developer.

if you don't see macro B files, then it would be best (only alternative) to contact the OEM for assitance.
    or make your own.

good luck

Norbert

Norbert-

Thanks for the info- sounds like that is what we have. If a "compiled macro" is anything like a compiled program (for a PIC, etc.) it is obviously a one-way load- no "source code" on the machine to even look at, let alone mod.

The control is a 21i-TB by the way.

Next question (haven't tried yet) will I be able to create my own M-code driven macro on this system or will that be locked out too? Again, I am not at the machine right now, but would like to know what I am up against when I get back to it.

Thanks again!

Marc

Hallo Marc,
    when the Macro B is avaliable you will be able to see the "marco" soft-key on the OFF/SET menu.

see parm 6050...(G) & 6080....(M) for defining the code number,
    DO NOT dupplicate existing codes.

have fun

Norbert