588,209 active members*
4,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Accessing Software Operator Panel Oi-TC

Accessing Software Operator Panel Oi-TC

I can't find the Software Operator Panel on my Hardinge Talent 8/52 Lathe with a Oi-TC control.

Someone talked me to it once so I know it is there.

The manual does not explain well.

My Bar feed on/off is on this page.

The Manual says:
    1) Press the Alarm Cancel push button
    2)If necessary, press a Page key to display the software operator panel

ref M-447A Page 1-19

This was no help to me. I can find the alarm soft key but not an "alarm Cancel pushbutton"

I have a quick reference page for "turning barfeed option on and off"

1)Press: ALARM key
    2)press: COURSOR UP or DOWN till BARFEED ON/OFF is displayed.
    Press: COURSOR RIGHT to ON

I can do this if I can find the the "sop" screen.

pressing the alarm softkey and tring to page up or down does nothing.

What mode do I have to be in?
    what am I missing?
    You would the think the "sop" would be easy to find but it is hidden behind a key I have not yet found. when i find it I will write it down, so i don't loose this simple on/off switch for the barfeed/

thanks

If you have the FANUC 0i-TC Operator's Manual, B-64114EN, refer to section Unit III. OPERATION, Section 11.4.14 .

Here is the procedure for those that don't have the manual available:

1 Press function key OFFSET/SETTING .

2 Press the continuous menu key , then press chapter selection soft key [OPR].

3 The screen consists of several pages.
    Press page key PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN until the desired screen is displayed.

You should be able to get to it regardless of the Mode.

Software operator's panel is very useful. I have used it to run the program in "Program Test Mode" which appears on the third page. The spindle does rotate, but the tool does not move. You can see the toolpath on the graphic screen. This way a program can be proved without bothering about a crash. Of course, if "Dynamic Graphic Display" option is available, then program test mode is not needed. A limitation of this mode is that correspondence between displayed and actual tool positions is lost. So, power cycle would be needed for actual machining.

Quote Originally Posted by cnc2149 View Post
    If you have the FANUC 0i-TC Operator's Manual, B-64114EN, refer to section Unit III. OPERATION, Section 11.4.14 .

Here is the procedure for those that don't have the manual available:
    Yup found it in the manual......page 637 in mine.

I was confused by the simularity of (OPRT) and [OPR].

Got there though. There is a lot obout this control I never use.........Program, setup, run all day, I don't really learn the intricacies.

Thanks for your time in helping me out

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Software operator's panel is very useful. I have used it to run the program in "Program Test Mode" which appears on the third page. The spindle does rotate, but the tool does not move. You can see the toolpath on the graphic screen. This way a program can be proved without bothering about a crash. Of course, if "Dynamic Graphic Display" option is available, then program test mode is not needed. A limitation of this mode is that correspondence between displayed and actual tool positions is lost. So, power cycle would be needed for actual machining.
    Yes we have the graphic package......but it would be cool to try it the way you are saying......if I ever get time.

Thanks.

Do I need a software option or paramater to enable the keys on this 44C741056-G01.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 422420850_o.jpg  

Greg,

Operator panel must be programmed in the ladder

Del

Ok, so in the ladder.. the spindle speed, traverse override and feedrate switches near the e-stop are where?

The Feed Hold and In Cycle/Machine In Cycle lamp does not work.

I at least need the keys for AUTO, EDIT, MDI, Reset, Motion Stop, Cooland Coolant On, Coolant Auto, E-Stop Reset, Manual Lube, Operator Message, Warm-Up Cycle, Single Block, Machine Lock, Light Test, Option Stop, Block Delete, and Prog. Jog. to work.

I don't know what the bigger part / smaller part or surface select keys do.

There are apparently switches for left & right spindle, and for the clamp/unclamp chuck.

Aparently these panels were for lathes. Part No. 44C741056-G01

Is there a different operator panel number for mills? I noticed that there is some other numbers like 44A..

Greg

You have the old GE Fanuc North American Operator Panel. The key legends are actually transparency film that resides between the lens and the lens holder. There was no specific panels for lathes, maching centers, punch presses, grinders, etc since the machine builder could easily customize it with their own nomenclature.

The pushbuttons are addressed as X inputs and the lamps are Y outputs. The actual PMC ladder bits that are used for mode selection (and every other function) are specific to a particular CNC model (e.g. 15, 16, power mate, etc). The machine builder had to declare the starting addresses of X and Y and reserve the no. of I/O bytes when developing the ladder software. This will vary by machine builder.

Do the switches/keys all have lamps under them, or only some of them?

I am used to the FANUC FS0C full keyboard operator panel.

Does the 44C741056-G01 require the power cable and interface board for the 18i? The A20B-2002-0470?

I am thinking that I will change the labels.

I couldn't find PDF of the GFK-1478E "Operator Panel for i Series controls" manual.. theres a couple on ebay.

I'm guessing that there are standard operator panel items that are on most CNC mills and machining centers.

Greg

Do the switches/keys all have lamps under them, or only some of them?
    === all the pushbutton lens holders have a socket for an industry type 388 lamp. It's up to the PMC Ladder as to whether the lamp would be used.

Does the 44C741056-G01 require the power cable and interface board for the 18i? The A20B-2002-0470?
    === definitely not. The 44C741056-G01 was an older panel that was used on the 15 model A, 16/18 model A,B,C and Power Mates. It requires sinking drivers on the CNC I/O board (A16B-2200-0660) and a special cable set while the i-series uses sourcing drivers (as provided on the A20B-2002-0470). It is possible to use the old panel with an i-series if you use the -0660 board, but it was never sold that way because sinking drivers did not meet CE Mark requirements.

I couldn't find PDF of the GFK-1478E "Operator Panel for i Series controls" manual.. theres a couple on ebay.
    === The correct manual for this older panel is GFK-0720.

I'm guessing that there are standard operator panel items that are on most CNC mills and machining centers.
    === it was made by GE Fanuc because FANUC did not have a reconfigurable operator panel at that time. FANUC's layouts were fixed and in order to get a custom, it took minimum qty buy and long lead times. With the EAO pushbuttons on the GE Fanuc panel, you can exchange colors and legends quite easily.

From what I am seeing here..

The bulb is #388. It is GE 28672, Eiko 40680, Sylvania 35349. A 1/2w 0.4a T1.75 28v. Data for those interested who have this panel.

I do have a 15MA and building the 16MB that niether of them do not have a good operator panel at the moment so this actually might be a better panel for those.

So, Then I will go find an appropriate panel for the 18i.

Still can't locate the manual.

An Aside, The A16B-2200-0440/04A and /07A? what's the difference between versions?

I am also guessing about using the board A16B-2201-0110 board on the 18itoo.

Greg

Not sure about the rev differences in that board. The 2 numeric digits are a production revision while the letter is a functional revision. You'd have to ask FANUC about it if you need to know.

The A16B-2201-0110 is a matrixed I/O board. The only way I'd use it is if I already had an operator panel that was configured for matrix I/O. They are mainly a PITA so I'd avoid it.

Ok, so I would avoid that board. Does that 44C741056-G01 need the 44C742962-006 power cable, and aparently is part of three cables, 44C742962-G01.

I guess I need to get a better panel for the 18i-MA and move this panel to the 15MA and get another for the 16MB. This particular one was about $275 I bought on ebay. The Series 15 Manuals I saw described using the FS0C panel with the 15.

What would be an appropriate panel for the 18i?

I did not see any aparent difference between the two I/O boards I mentioned.. except that I guess I needed an op. panel interface board.

Could I get parts for the switches? Some of them are missing the legends and/or the caps.

In the mean time I will look for a few dozen 388's by the numbers I gave. I like having spare parts! I think it would look cool lighted up.

Greg

You can use the panel you have with any CNC that supports I/O Link, so it will actually work with the 18i - it was just never sold that way because of the European CE Mark rules. Check your PM for additional info.

It didn't come with my 18i. I found it in the box of stuff that came with the 18i and some of the 16MB parts.

Since I do not have very good op. panels for the 15MA or 16MB, I will use this panel for these and look for a better 18i Op panel. While I have a op. panel for the 15MA it is not what I really would like. The 16MB did come with a couple of these NA panels.

Greg