587,997 active members*
3,718 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Adding a low air pressure switch to TL2

Adding a low air pressure switch to TL2

Is it possible to add a low air pressure switch to the TL2?

I am in the process of attaching a solenoid air control valve, using Geof's excellent post as a guide, to control the 5C pneumatic closer. With the tool turret and the 5c closer both needing compress air, I though it would be a good idea to have the low air pressure alarm.

If it's possible to add a low air pressure switch what are the components and steps required?

thanks,

John

I was away for a while and did see your post about installing a solenoid for the closer but missed this question.

Splice a pressure switch in series in the wiring for the door switches, the TL2 has mechanical switches so that is easy. This will give you a feed hold, and stop the spindle, when the pressure is low.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Geof,

I ended up buying the low pressure switch #93-1351 and the cable #33-9512 from Haas. The cable goes into P12 on the IO PCB and connects to the low pressure swtich. Once everything is connects the low pressure alarm just works. The price for the switch and the cable were very reasonble so I wasn't tempted to make my own cable.

Thanks for the tip on splicing into door switch wiring. That will come in handy when I want to rig up something that needs an "alarm" status.

John