587,220 active members*
2,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Alarm EX0097 Panel I/O

Control is on a Mori mid to early 80s can't read the data panel well enough to get the details. Boots up as MSC-200 for the control type, but is a Fanuc control.
    Alarm is an EX0097 Panel I/O with Japanese characters below that. Don't have this alarm code in the limited books we have for the machine.
    Does anyone know where to trace this alarm to?

I'm thinking I have a problem on the DC ground side, but I'm not sure. We've checked all the cable connections in the electrical cabinet and inside to control. When the machine is powered up it is OK. The soft keys, key pad, screen selection keys are OK but if you hit one of the keys to switch from Memory to MDI or the home keys etc it will throw this alarm. Power down and power up clears the alarm. It is intermittent so the keys will work at times. The machine will also throw the alarm if left idle or at the end of a cycle not associated with any input.

Any help or idea would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Scott
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Need more details. MSC-200 i've never heard of, they did have MSC500,501,502,etc but those are for sure not 80's machines. What is the machine model, and color of the machine? That alarm indicates a flat panel type ( digital panel, not toggle switch type).

Machine colors:
    Grey=70's to early 80's
    green= early/mid 80's to early 90's (92ish)
    ivory and blue smooth finish 92ish to 2000 ish
    ivory and blue wrinkle finish 2000ish-2004ish
    arctic silver and blue 2004ish-2008ish
    Arctic silver and charcoal 2008ish to present.

Green and white, has been repainted but the inside of the door is green and a better finish than the outside paint so it looks like factory, Model F-M2. And you are right it is a MSC500 not MSC200, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Need more details. MSC-200 i've never heard of, they did have MSC500,501,502,etc but those are for sure not 80's machines. What is the machine model, and color of the machine? That alarm indicates a flat panel type ( digital panel, not toggle switch type).

Machine colors:
    Grey=70's to early 80's
    green= early/mid 80's to early 90's (92ish)
    ivory and blue smooth finish 92ish to 2000 ish
    ivory and blue wrinkle finish 2000ish-2004ish
    arctic silver and blue 2004ish-2008ish
    Arctic silver and charcoal 2008ish to present.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Ok, so it's a early 90's Frontier M2. (MV40B) MSC500 should be a 21M Fanuc. You are loosing a signal for the lower operator panel. I would start by unplugging all the connections for that lower panel and re-seating them. Following that, trace the cables back to the electrical box. I think those run under the enclosure, between the enclosure and the casting. I'm betting it's full of chips and coolant, taking down either the I/O signals or the 24VDC. The other thing i've seen cause this is a miss-set keep relay or D-data, there is flat panel spec 1 and spec 2, if set to the wrong one you will get this alarm.

Thank you for the help. I'll print this out and give it to our maintenance Dept so we can start looking.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Ok, so it's a early 90's Frontier M2. (MV40B) MSC500 should be a 21M Fanuc. You are loosing a signal for the lower operator panel. I would start by unplugging all the connections for that lower panel and re-seating them. Following that, trace the cables back to the electrical box. I think those run under the enclosure, between the enclosure and the casting. I'm betting it's full of chips and coolant, taking down either the I/O signals or the 24VDC. The other thing i've seen cause this is a miss-set keep relay or D-data, there is flat panel spec 1 and spec 2, if set to the wrong one you will get this alarm.
    Mark Twain