I just got an email from Alibre Design. They are about to release version 11. It also seems they are removing Team Design within Alibre Design, Team Design Server, Alibre Server Repositories and Local Alibre Design Repositories. They are increasing the price of Maintenance and of the basic software but it seems we are getting less functionality.

I have not yet updated to Version 11 so I don't know if this is a quantum leap forward in software......

It just seems to me I am losing something I paid for and had signed up to receive..... Granted I seldom used the online repository but I did use the team design....... Any ideas on a software to replace this feature?

Here is the email I received.

Bill

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Important Changes in Alibre Design 11.0 – Must Read

With the release of Alibre Design 11.0 in September, there will be several important changes that Alibre Design users need to be aware of. This is an important email and it is highly recommended that before upgrading to Alibre Design 11.0, you read this entire email in order to avoid data loss, to be aware of workflow changes, and to know your options for obtaining certain new functionality. Even if you are not upgrading right now, this information will pertain to you if you choose to upgrade in the future.

Things That are Going Away in Alibre Design 11.0:

These items are being retired in Alibre Design 11.0. If you do not use any of the features listed below, you should be able to upgrade as soon as Alibre Design 11.0 is available. If you do use any of these features, please read carefully to understand your options.

Team Design within Alibre Design
Team Design Server
Alibre Server Repositories
Local Alibre Design Repositories

Our Team Design technology has been retired and will not have a replacement. If this is functionality that you require, there are a number of web-based and other technologies available that could be used as a replacement for Team Design. We encourage you to research your options and choose the one that’s best for you. Local and Server Repositories will also be retired and you will not be able to view Repository data of any kind in v11. Repositories are being replaced with the Alibre Vault, a greatly enhanced Product Data Management (PDM) tool. If you use Repositories of any kind, you will have to extract your Repository data using a data migration tool which will be provided. For more information related to questions you may have, click here to view our Repository Transition FAQ.

Alibre Vault - Multi-seat Licenses and Maintenance:

Anyone with current access to Repository functionality that is active on maintenance will get the Alibre Vault for free. If you work at a company that has multiple seats of Alibre Design Pro and Expert, you will most likely want everyone to connect to the same Vault server, which would act as a central hub for all of your data. This means you will need to combine the individual Vault licenses that come with each license of Pro and Expert into a multi-user Vault license on the server.

In order for individual Vault licenses to be combined into a multi-user license, all of your Alibre Design seats must be on maintenance and have the same renewal date. While most multi-seat customers are already set up to have the same maintenance renewal date for all of their Alibre Design seats, there are some that are not.

How to Combine Vault Licenses

Please contact your salesperson and they will verify your maintenance status, and if necessary help you to get your licenses on maintenance with a shared renewal date. If you plan on multiple people using the same Vault, it is recommended you do this before upgrading any seats to Alibre Design 11.0. You will need to provide the following information:

The Alibre Design account that will act as the “Administrator” account for the Vault.
The Alibre Design Username of each user to be combined into the multi-user license.

If you have questions…

Please feel free to contact your salesperson with any questions regarding the above information at 877–525–4273.

Best regards,
The Alibre Team