587,192 active members*
2,180 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > ALPHA Harrison 1550s lathe with fanuc controller issue

Exclamation ALPHA Harrison 1550s lathe with fanuc controller issue

Hi everyone, I have a ALPHA Harrison 1550s lathe that I am having a few issues with at the moment. The Lathe seems to have an issue with the Fanuc controller and will automatically move itself in the x axis and you cannot stop it unless you hit the emergency button. The coolant pump will also turn itself on and you cannot turn it of. The feed percentage dial is not working and lastly the most worrying issue is that the cycle stop button doesn't work anymore, I am having to stop the machine with the emergency stop button. All of these problems have appeared at the same time after starting the machine this morning. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing these issues? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: ALPHA Harrison 1550s lathe with fanuc controller issue

i had once this problem and was from the coolant behind the keys and buttons from operator panel,try to open and clean there

Given that multiple problems suddenly appeared, I suspect a hardware issue. Most keyboards use matrix encoding with row/column addressing. Check the operation of all keys/switches in the diagnostics.

Hi ya there is a board behind the 2nd operator panel that probably has a wire loose if you private message me the serial number I will check the drawings for you