587,193 active members*
3,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Another Source for Collet Bushing Adapters

Another Source for Collet Bushing Adapters

I just purchased a new Hitachi M12VC 2.25 HP 11A Fixed base Router from Lowes as recommended by WarrenW, Joe2000che, and carlnpa. Fantastic little router with soft start, 8k-24k variable speed, long uniform diameter housing for easy mounting, and the added benefit of being nice and quiet (relative to other routers I've used). The M12VC weighs in at approx. 6.5 lbs. without the fixed base.

I went to order a couple of 1/4" to 1/8" bushing adapters from Lee Valley only to find them "Out of Stock - Expected 3/13/2006". Slightly bummed I went searching for another source.

I eventually found a broader selection of adapter bushings at MCLS Woodworking. The bushings are $0.60 more than the ones from Lee Valley but standard shipping was "free". They also have a huge selection of router bits, router bit sets, accessories, Forstner bits and shaper cutters. It might be worth taking a look.

HayTay

Did you ever get any of those adapters? How is the run out?

Bret