587,173 active members*
4,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anti Backslash home made

Cansado de mis tornillos con juegos procedi a modificarlos y realizar un anti backslash.

Frezadora: ZX45
    Tornillos : 24x2,5 mm Acme
    Tuerca de acero

Algunas fotos

Espero que les guste y proximamente colgare algunas fotografias de la modificacion de mi Zx45 industrial to cnc.

Tired of my screws clearances and perform procedures to modify an anti backslas
    Pictures by grojas21 - Photobucket

Frezadora: ZX45
    Screws: 24x2, 5 mm Acme
    Steel nut

some photos

Hope you like it and soon will hang some pictures of my Zx45 modification industry to cnc.

Thats a good simple quick little modifaction at no cost that should work out pretty good.

The only thing I see is maybe the spring not being strong enough to hold the nuts in place on high force. You will just have to try them and see if they hold up. Its when the axis hits a load is when it may move the spring. If so a quick cheap spring might be to use the valve spring off a small 4clyinder automotive engine, or maybe even one off a lawnmower engine. It just depends on what can be found and how much force is needed. With CNC the forces would be greater so a stronger spring would for sure be needed. But on a manual machine they would work just fine the way they are.

I may use this on mine just to get the CNC running on the cheap. Then I could use the CNC to make the parts I need for my ballscrews. I need to make the motor mounts and the ballnut mounts. WIth this modifaction I just let the machine make them and not have to get someone else to do it.

Thanks for posting it should work out good for some peoples needs.

Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

Jess, thanks for your replies.

the hardness of the spring on a trial and error, I do not want to spring very hard and I'm very fair with the engines being pap and steel nuts generate much resistance.
    this modification is helping me get my support for recirculating balls.

saludos.

Spring loaded nuts will be zero backlash ONLY as long as the machining forces, including inertia, friction, etc., are LESS than the spring force. Beyond that point, it will behave exactly as if the springs are not present. Machining forces, even on small machines, can easily exceed 100 pounds, which is why spring tension even on small ballnuts is usually set up around 150-200 pounds. The problem with using springs on a leadscrew nut is it will GREATLY increase both friction and wear.

Regards,
    Ray L.