588,385 active members*
5,318 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > any experience with plasma "PIERCE RUR 2500"??

any experience with plasma "PIERCE RUR 2500"??

hi everyone,
    if you´re experienced with plasma "pierce", and wish to share something,
    please check these ones.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...483#post425483

thanks alot for interest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vypalky.jpg  

Does your "pierce RUR 2500" have the Burny 10 controller or what???

Here in the USA we use programs like ProNEST, SigmaNest, FastCAM, NC Pyros. These programs will take your CAD geometry and convert to NC code.

Also keep in mind that no program can fix bad geometry... some listed above can have a tolerance set to close gaps or has a utility to remove duplicate geometry (lines over each other).

Hope this helps... James

hi, you´re 100% right, it´s contolled by burny 10.
    i´ve found an info, that a FASTCAM is also compatible with this machine.
    have you heard about it?
    for creating shapes and grafics we use good programs, but when we like to
    prepare our motives in WRYKRYS for cutting,often we get angry :-)
    thanks

tibet,

All the software packages I listed above I have used and have been very happy with.
    What kind of problems are you running into?

Smile

hi,
    yes, we´re having problem with WRYKRYS program, and i think, there is no other substitution for it except fastcam´s family :-)
    wrykrys often deformate our graphic, especialy it doesn´t like fonts.
    i´ve haven´t found many forum about plasma machines from
    pierce, so i search,ask,sniff wherever and wherever i can :-)
    therefore, i´m glad for any tip, that guides us to the success.

Tibet,

Let forget about your machine for now, it is not the problem. The real problem is the graphics file formats that you are feeding to WRYKRYS. I'm sure you are creating DXF files and importing to WRYKRYS. The main problem is that "NOT all DXF's are created equal". WRYKRYS, like any other post-processing software wants "2D" Lines and Arcs only. This is where the problem exist... if you draw something in say Corel, export a DXF, bring into WRYKRYS... it does not come in as designed or it looks like the design but has jagged edges or a bunch or small straight lines which your cutting machine will not like... I ran into the same problems with my vinyl cutter way back when. It is the same general concept... you need to give the machine a smooth, continuous, connected path to travel...
    I would suggest looking into a SIGN cutting software. The reason why is that a sign cutting software will support fonts (1000's) and allow you to break them down to their most basic form Lines and Arcs to almost any size... If you could send me a DXF file of something that is not working right, I will be happy to review it and let you know what is wrong with the DXF file. The problems you are seeing are industry wide... that why you see so many people requesting plasma cutter ready artwork...
    Send me a sample DXF, I will run it through may sign software and send it back... then try to run it through WRYKRYS, I'm confident it will run through with no problem.

James

Smile

hi james,
    you´re 100% right! it´s true, that dfx from coreldraw, autocad or
    solidworks is different.
    there´is a smart dfx plug-in for coreldraw (DFXTool), specially designed for solidworks,but it doesn´t work / a permanent error
    presently, we´re trying a trial version of solid2008 , which is great.
    BUT, solid wasn´t made for signmaking, so if you like to create a complicated sign with fonts, a big problem appers.
    anyway,all your work must be imported and prepared in wrykrys for it´s final cut.
    wrykrys is fine for simple shapes, but when you like to cut something different,it colabs or deformate your graphic to nonsence. /problems was confirmed by it´s author.
    so, we keep trying with hope to solve this problem not just for us, but to help everyone, who´s fighting with this problem too. :-)
    thanks for interest
    tibet