587,786 active members*
4,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any interest in cnc Boxford's?

H1! My friend has a Boxford cnc mill and a Boxford cnc lathe in his yard, sitting outside. They have no computers, but all the inner electronics is there. They look real nice, and are quite heavy. Located in Fontana, Ca. If there's an interest, I can get photo's and a price. Thx. Gregg

Boxford

Hi Gregg
    what model is the Boxford lathe?
    Brian
    BR

I'll have to go look..it's raining outside so it'll probably be tomorro...these things are quite heavy, and shipping would probably be a lot. I donno what my friend wants for them, but I'll ask. Later...

Thanks Gregg
    BR

Still raining! I thought it never rains in California.....as soon as it lets up. These are way out back, so let's hope this rain lets up soon. I hope they're not sitting in a lake!

There is a 240TCL (the lathe) and a 260 VMC. The mill has some tooling, both are rusty, and both are due to go away soon.

boxford

Thanks for the info Gregg,they are both good machines and worth upgrading.if i didn't live in Scotland (where it rains quite a bit) i would be very interested.
    cheers
    Brian
    BR

Yeah, I know they're worth re-doing, but I'm not really into "hobby cnc", I have bigger cnc's. I just hated to see them scrapped, which is what'll happen soon. Enjoy!

Boxford VMC tooling

Hi

I have a Boxford Vmc 260 here in the UK, but only one tool holder! So at the least would be interested in the tool holders. How much would you want for the machines? and how much for just the tool holders? I will try to get a price for shipping to the UK for the machines, what sort of time is there before they are scrapped? Also is mill fitted with a tool changer? or the lather with a turret?

Thank you,

Mike

NOW why did I not check the date of posting before replying to this thread OOOPS