587,202 active members*
3,117 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Anybody bought a Torus?

Anybody bought a Torus?

The new Novakon Torus Pro looks pretty good on paper, but has anybody actually bought , or even used one?

waiting for pro (servo version) and lathe. according to Khai, machines are with them for over a week and they will need total of 2-3 weeks to complete integration and quality assurance before they ship them out (means, mine will be shipped at the most in 1.5 weeks). i am sure there are other machines in this shipment as well and soon there will be folks willing to share their experience with Torus.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    The new Novakon Torus looks pretty good on paper, but has anybody actually bought , or even used one?

Quote Originally Posted by azam1959 View Post
    waiting for pro (servo version) and lathe. according to Khai, machines are with them for over a week and they will need total of 2-3 weeks to complete integration and quality assurance before they ship them out (means, mine will be shipped at the most in 1.5 weeks). i am sure there are other machines in this shipment as well and soon there will be folks willing to share their experience with Torus.
    Same here. Ordered a Torus Pro and waiting on delivery. I have a few big jobs lined up for this mill, so the sooner I get it the better. (Me) :stickpoke (Khai)

Thanks guys, and it is the "Pro" with servos model that interests me. The lathe bundle is attractive, but the lathe is too small for my work. Also, for larger milling, I would be keeping my large knee mill. I hope your machines are, in fact, delivered soon. Its reassuring to know that Khai is performing some sort of Q.C. on them. Please post your takes on them.

John