588,585 active members*
13,729 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anybody Else With Fryer Problems

We are overwhelmed with problems with our FRYER MC10 verticle mill. Is this common to anyone else with a FRYER? Not looking to roast them here but at only 600 hours and more down time than up we can't be alone. Just a quick listing: bad axis cables, bad tool carosel moter, bad crt moniter, loose y axis cable, and blown fuses 1 out of every 5 power ups. Not lying about the uptime vs the downtime, this thing is always down. Just looking to know if we have a lemmon or are they all lemmons.

LMAO...we have a MB-10 and it seems to work ok. The only issue I have is the tool vibration. I can't seem to find good feeds and speeds for this machine. I have an Anilam 6300 controller and I program it using MasterCam X2

I also have a Fryer Easy Turn lathe......I have alot of issues with the lathe...we have 200 hours on this machine and it is down more than it is running. We have had bad boards, bad fuses, bad wires...They can never seem to figure out what the problem is in a timely manner. I don't want to bash them but it seems the electronic side of the machine building needs some serious help.

Anyone have any ideas as to genreal feeds and speeds for milling 6061 AL with particular machine?

The only thing I can say is the shop where I work won't buy another lathe or mill from Fryer. Allen

Yeah, neither will we!!!

less speed more feed

I recall an old saying about getting what you pay for....

i bought a used machine (not theirs, likely a trade) from them years ago, asked that it be ready to plug and play when it hit my shop. spent $3k+ on parts and a local cnc tech to get it up and running months later. im done with them.

We have 2 Fryer MC-15's and they seem to be top notch machines.