587,771 active members*
3,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Anyone in Atlanta, GA

Anyone in Atlanta, GA? I am just getting started and have a thousand questions.

I am not exactly in Atlanta, but LaGange and not an "expert", but willing to help if I can.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

In Atlanta

Hi blfuller123,

I am in Atlanta (near Dallas) I've been into cnc and machines for the past 10 years. I'm on my third design, the first one has been disasembaled and the second is a 3'x3' router that is working fine, the third is in the design stage. I would be glad to help. send me a private message to get cotact info.

see ya,

rosco:cheers:

I am a little futher away than them(augusta,Ga.) but willing to help anyway I can. Been programming CNC's for 12years. ISO,mazatrol, heidehain conversational...

Thanks for the responses. I am sure I will have a ton of questions as I actually get started on it. I have just been collecting parts up until now.

-Brett

ezdoesit

i live in locust grove,GA. been in the mashinist feld for 30 year, still don't know a thing, yet

Anyone interested in a "geek-out" near top 285 perimeter?

I know how to snap endmills, drills, taps, bandsaw blades and can even turn out a part once in awhile.

Oh yeah, I'm in Alpharetta.

Barry
    my projects:
    http://www.barryfish.com

Can anyone recommend a good scrap metal place around Atlanta?

Buy or Sell?

I have not found a good source for material that is reasonably priced.

for buying:

There is metalsupermarket near pleasantdale and 85. They have a reasonable supply and are fairly close, but are $$$.

If you have a big order, ($250 or more) And can present yourself as commercial, Tull will let you shop their scrap bin.

for selling there is Blaze near Jimmy Carter and 85 - I have not been there in a while, but a buddy just sold a bunch of scrap copper and was happy.

Barry
    my projects:

Yea, I just picked up the metal for my gantry at metal supermarket. It was Pricy, but I couldnt find a scrap metal place. I do know of one down in Macon, but hadnt been down there in a while.

where are you ?
    my projects:

I am in Snellville

machine help

blfuller123,

If you are using Mach 3 controller, I could give you a hand. I am going to Atlanta, on Tue 23Jan07, for a meeting. If you want, I could swing by on my way back out, and show you how to set up your control, and other odds and ends.

If your using some other controller, then I wouldnt be much help.

Scott

I'm located near Commerce. In process of converting RF31. Have completed X, Y and Z axis servo mounts. Currently working on X and Y ball nut blocks. Send me a reply if interested in comparing notes, ideas, etc.

Im in gwinnett and building a desk size for hobby use.
    Live life like you never see another day

HI there
    I am in Oh. now but moving to Temple Ga. west of Atlanta on Rt 20 In about 2 weeks and have 2 mills that Iam converting and collected enough matterial to make 3 or4 units. Ihave been buying things that I found a good price on for 2 1/2 years, its nice to know that there is someone arround to help when I get all set to go.

Dave :wave:

I'm in Acworth. (I-75 North from ATL)

I am not interested in building a machine. I am learning Haas control (TM-1) and have some experience with Anilam control (Bridgeport retrofit).

I am a Senior (non-traditional student) in Mechanical Engineering

SolidWorks, MicroStation and SurfCAM (limited) experience.

If anybody has some trick to share, I'm looking to learn.

If anybody is looking for help,
    I am looking for a Manufacturing/Engineering job(internship) starting in May.
    Ken Barra, Manufacturing/Design Engineer
    SpinalDevices, LLC

I'm in Smyrna, Ga just north, by north west of Atlanta.
    Moved here 2 years ago from IN. Working on my third.

Talking I'm in Gillsville.

Just north of dgodard.

Did you find all the metal you needed?

Gainesville has a few places... BLAZE, and Timco.

I might can help? I have a pretty good stock + North Ga. Steel delivers on Thursdays.. They have it all?
    later,
    M
    Hey check out my website...www.cravenoriginal.com
    Thanks Marc

Wink Hello from Suwanee

Well I guess I can post up now, as I am finally getting my milling machine this weekend. I purchased a full sized mill and I am going to completely retrofit with a Grex+Mach 3.
    I am in on the border of Cumming/Suwanee anyone near by? I am new to CNC Milling but a very hands on person and have quite a bit of electrical and computer experience so it should be a fun project.
    Hopefully my wife can take of pictures of us try to squeeze a 9' 4200# mill in to my 7' garage opening, with a friends 27000# boom forklift

Page 1 of 3 123