587,308 active members*
3,653 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > apple printer driver board up for grabs

apple printer driver board up for grabs

Today I made a lucky find at the local Goodwill and scored an old apple printer with one nice fat stepper motor and another little one (your standard printer stepper). The print head has a nice design that looks like it will make a nice axis for my cnc project.

The electronics board it came with is full of parts that look like someone with more electronics ability could use. I'm willing to donate it to anyone who'll pay for the shipping. I can attach a picture if anyone is interested. I know I'll just end up chucking it unless I suddenly become able to keep the smoke inside the little boxes.

It has 9 darlington ic's attached to a heatsink, two bridge diodes, fuses a couple of fat capacitors and numerous other ic's. Send me a PM if anyone is interested. I'm hoping I can give a little back to this site as I've learned so much from it.

thanks

no takers?

oh well, I guess it'll be put in the junk pile until I get tired of it getting in the way.

shame that it can't be of more use.

Quote Originally Posted by ctry
    I can attach a picture if anyone is interested.
    Pictures are real pretty. We all like pictures. It's that squiggly black stuff between the pictures that most of us have a problem with.

Seriously, though, you will generate more interest if you post a photo or two. And maybe, just maybe, you'll get a taker that is willing to adopt your electronics board before it's put to sleep.
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

here is a picture as suggested. This circuit is old enough to NOT contain any surface mount components. it's about 10 inches square. the power supply circuit is in the lower right hand section. it has three 3 amp fuses, two big caps, two bridge diodes and two power resistors. the darlingtons are in the top section. there are nine attached to the heat sink and four more just to the left. various chips in the main section. all the things that came plugged into the board are attached (not pictured) except for the motors (keeping those).

if anyone is interested I can add more info as needed.