587,997 active members*
1,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Arc Slo Down In Pockets

Arc Slo Down In Pockets

Has anyone figured a work around or a solution to the arc slow down in pockets not working.I can use V23,but I would also like to use some of the tool paths in V25.I can write multiple programs I guess,kinda of PITA though with a 30 part run.Time to get better with my G-code skills maybe.Anybody figure anything out,maybe post processor issue???Is anybody else having ana issue with this.I know SBC said he was.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Has anyone figured a work around or a solution to the arc slow down in pockets not working.I can use V23,but I would also like to use some of the tool paths in V25.I can write multiple programs I guess,kinda of PITA though with a 30 part run.Time to get better with my G-code skills maybe.Anybody figure anything out,maybe post processor issue???Is anybody else having ana issue with this.I know SBC said he was.
    Not been ignoring you on this, just been trying to find a solution/workaround but it looks very much as though you are correct, I can get it to work fine in V23 but not V25, haven`t tried V24 as yet.

Bit of a blow as I often have some fairly small rads to get into and it is a must then.

To be absolutely honest I never noticed if it was OK in Build 678 but I`m not going to roll back just to check that.

If anyone is still running Build 678 can you please check this out as it may be something that just ceased with the current Build 769 like a couple other things

Regards

Let me know Rob,Monday morning I gotta make a decision.Am machining pockets .670 wide x1.125 long with .1875 radius,down 1.240 in Stainless Steel.Absolutely a must if I expect good machine times and good results.Oh yeah,the tolerance is + or - .0005.Got a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Let me know Rob,Monday morning I gotta make a decision.Am machining pockets .670 wide x1.125 long with .1875 radius,down 1.240 in Stainless Steel.Absolutely a must if I expect good machine times and good results.Oh yeah,the tolerance is + or - .0005.Got a bunch.
    jrmach

Don`t think I will have anything sorted for then if at all so I would respectfully suggest you get stuck in with your V23 right now, if my memory is correct you also have the good old HSP with your V23.

In my mind you would be best off doing it in V23 where you will have both the HSP and the arc slow down, plus the Predator backplot which is worth it`s weight in "Latinum Bars" (I won some from Quark when I did a job on some parking clamps for the Station) Yes, I have been around a long, long time

Worth the effort to make some STL solids for the vise/fixtures in Predator, the new simulation is great for all the information it outputs but it is still only like a glorified "Verify", I have had to make a couple of changes recently to code/Posts where all looked great in V25 sim but when the code was run through Predator I got some very cute "crop circles", after the mods to Post all was well again.

For that Stainless job of yours anyway that looks like the best route to me

Regards

Update

FYI all, I have put in an official "bug" report on this just in case no one else had

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    FYI all, I have put in an official "bug" report on this just in case no one else had

Regards
    Thanks Rob, I had meant to but forgot. I believe it did work prior to Build 769, I use it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    Thanks Rob, I had meant to but forgot. I believe it did work prior to Build 769, I use it all the time.
    I did run a Demo version V25 using Build 678 last night and the arc slow down wasn`t working in that either, don`t know how I missed it in both builds, probably too much other stuff going on

Regards