587,523 active members*
3,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > arrow 500 electrical hookup issues

arrow 500 electrical hookup issues

We have a Cincinnati arrow 500 with a vickers 2100 control. We have just moved this machine to another building, and hooked it back up. It worked before, however now it will not turn on. We can power it up and it the control HMI loads, but when i hit the green button, the machine doesnt turn on. It throws an undervoltage alarm, and the internal power supply has no lights on. I noticed that the contact block for the power supply is not energized unless i manually trip it, then it will power on.
    I suspect it's an issue with a pair of thin gauge wires that went to a transformer that we are no longer using. It might have been for a thermocouple, but i do not see one in the transformer, or where to hook the wire up at all. Can anyone tell me if i can trick the machine into thinking there is one since we are no longer using a transformer, and/or if i can just use a k type thermocouple?

Thanks in advance!
    Dan

Re: arrow 500 electrical hookup issues

Dan,

I would check the electrical prints but you should be able to tie the 2 wires together and it is for a transformer over temp input. It should be 24VDC and came with the standard transformer. You should have received an alarm stating that the transformer was in an over temp condition. Have you checked the incoming 3 phase voltage?? The machine should be setup for 230 VAC but yours may be different, check the panel on the back door. You may have a blown fuse.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Re: arrow 500 electrical hookup issues

So, what did you find?? Did you get the machine problem corrected???

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services