588,554 active members*
5,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: auto feeder

auto feeder

Hi guys i am building a machine and i need the machine to feed out abrasive paper (piece by piece). I would like to know how should it works?
    I couldn't find information on how a feeder machine works.

thank you

Is the abrasive paper precut or in roll form?

vacuum pickup from the uncoated side with a bend or vibration to reduce double feeds.

Aaron

it will be in cut form, more like a stack of paper.

Syphonics, First, welcome aboard. Ref. abrasive paper: is the paper smooth enough on the back side to hold a vacuum? (suction cup possibly with a vacuum line attached) Size of pieces? how many pieces per minute? is the abrasive fine enough to allow sliding the piece parallel to the next piece? if the answer to the last item is yes you could use something like a label sheet feeder with a vacuum wheel. Just a thought.
    DZASTR

it should be smooth enough. the sizes are about 16mm by 25mm, rather small. other than suction action is there other method. the process need to be fast, ie 1 pcs every 1-2 seconds.

thanks

Syphonics, Another possibility. A belt with vacuum holes spaced at the distance required to seperate the pieces, traveling over a slot providing the vacuum. The belt would be moving at the speed to pick off the pieces at the correct speed/time. The output air from the vacuum pump/fan could be used to provide an air blast to eject the pieces from the belt. A second belt running at the same speed could be utilized to hold the pieces on the primary belt. This isn't new, I am describing an existing conveying method.
    DZASTR

is there diagram on this vacuum system. how about other possiblities, like a card dispenser menthod, still wondering how the dispenser works?

Syphonics, Possibility #3. Eccentric wheel with highest point having a high friction area (rubber?) to pinch against piece and pull from stack of pieces. Your device must still maintain control of the individual piece removed from the stack.
    DZASTR

i just found another possibility but dunno is it advisble.
    my intention is to have the pieces of abrasive paper sloted out, so is it possible to design something like the pneumatic stapler gun?

thanks on the advise.

Any parts that touch the grit side of the paper will need to be considered consumables.

The idea of an eccentric vacuum roll pickup is a good one. Place the roll aproximately 1/3 of the sheet back form the leading edge and have it pull the sheet into a set of feed rolls, driven rubber faced roll on the smooth side.

Aaron