588,053 active members*
4,173 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Axis motor

Axis motor

I am in the process of building CNC Router Table and I have seen some with the Y axis motor on both right and left side of the gantray, is there a prefered side for this motor.
    Thank you

no significance other than preference and which side is better for your setup, The motor rotaion can be reversed in most software to accommodate for this.

Joe

Thank you for the info, I knew about the rotation of the motors, but I thought there were a better side than another, maybe depending if you are right or left handed or maybe something else, just wondering

Are you standing at the Head?-- Or the Foot? Which is Left/Right?:idea:

Probably most folks would sort out the cabling issues and fit the motor in then - Left - or right side. I put my Y axis motors on the backside - against/near the wall - and that way I hang the cable there - couldn't say L/R --- Not being a Smart@**
    I think its more of a serviceability choice and ease of install. But coincidently my X axis motors are on the Front side! Since little service is needed its probably a push.
    May not be much Help - but maybe because there is little difference and no set "standard".

:cheers: Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

Hey Bobinette,

I just had to post this here to tell you how cool your log-in name is. Ah! the childhood memories that you're bringing back (No I'm not originally from Australia as you can tell)