587,137 active members*
3,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Axis move during feed hold

I want to feed hold in the middle of the program, then jog Z up and Y towards the operator. Inspect the part, blow out chips, then cycle start and have the program restart correctly.

The Setting 36 "Program Restart" seems to address this issue, but I am not 100 % sure it is going to do what I want, anyone have experience with this? I would like to know exatly what Program Restart is doing, and how does Z re-enter the work? Full rapid?

This is a standard Hurco control feature, when you go into feed hold the spindle keeps running and Z moves up to machine zero and moves the table to the operator automatically at about 25% rapid. I like this feature.

thanks for any help.
    Joe V.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ctoolfool View Post
    I want to feed hold in the middle of the program, then jog Z up and Y towards the operator. Inspect the part, blow out chips, then cycle start and have the program restart correctly.... V.
    Provided you have a new machine, later than 2000 or so, you can manually jog away during feed hold and then return to the cut. You will find instructions in your manual.

Program Restart has nothing to do with this feature; Restart is when you want to start a program part way through after having hit Reset before the edn of the program. Again read your manual carefully and you will find it explained.

If this is something you want it to do most of the time.
    Simply program it in with G28 moves to move the two axis home and then use a M00 command to make it pause there and wait for the operator to push cycle start again. If you don't need it to happen all the time simply put all of these command behind block delete slashes and then use the block delete key during the cycle to make it pause or just continue on.

.....begining of program
    G01 X3.0F30;
    G00 Z.1;
    / G91 G28 Z0. M05;
    / G28 Y0. M09;
    / G90;
    / M00;
    / M03;
    / M08;
    G0 X3. Y2.;
    Z.1;
    continue on with program.....

JP

060912-1007 EST USA

1ctoolfool:

On newer machines you can use M109 (Interactive User Input) to get keyboard input. Thus, at a point in the program you can ask a YES or NO question.