587,744 active members*
2,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Backplotting in Predator

Backplotting in Predator

I am running the version of Predator that came on the 08 disc and I cant seem to get it to backplot no matter what! I have tried to create a new template, but it is looking for .rpm files????

Does anyone know how to make this work??

Hi mdlmkr,

Yes, I had the same problem. I solved mine by loading the older version of Predator and the newer version. There were some 'common files' that the newer version didn't install and one was the template files. This was my fix and it worked for me, so I never tried to figure out why.

Have you installed the UPG for editing the posts? I'm having problems with it.
    I loaded the version on the 08 DVD, it crashes, then loaded the newest version from the download pages....it crashes too. This happens on both my work and home computers. But, on another computer in the office it runs just fine. I found more info at the Geometric's forum , I think it has to do with the file locations.

Scott
    Some of my best finds were in the trash....

Predator CNC Editor.... What a piece of garbage. I've spent hours trying to get version 8 to work. When I first started where I currently work, they were using version 7. I wasn't very impressed with it but it did work. Finally version 8 was released and I was really hoping for some drastic upgrades. At the very least a "Plot too" button so I don't have to click a million times after I make a change mid program.

Version 8 shouldn't have never been released. The Predator development team managed to really screw it up in the 3 years it took to release it. The company I work for carries a maintenance contract with Predator. I've been on the phone with Predator multiple times and they admit that their lathe back plot doesn't work and are currently working with the developers to remedy the problem.

I'm ready to demand a refund. NC Plot is truely the way to go. It has so many more features at half the cost...