588,436 active members*
5,868 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Ballscrews for G0704 Clone from linearmotionbearings2008 ?
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hoss has a link to a company Cjmasterworks Add On Kits
    I believe that may turn your ballscrews for you. Obviously you're still going to be out the cost of shipping and labor for the machining.

Work with the seller and see if something can be worked out.

Prior to my purchase. I sent the guy no less than 5 to 6 emails with the diagrams prior to purchasing just to make sure thing went well.

Next time I do order, I will ask him to kindly send the Fedex tracking #.

Hoss has a link on his page for a fellow who is just outside St. Louis... He'll probably be my source for the ball screws, since he specifically says that they're set up for the 704... I'd rather spend a few extra bucks with assurance that I'm not going to have to either buy them twice, or have to deal with going back and forth through the mail service...

Ballscrew Kits for G0704

During my 51 years, I've developed an appreciation for "it's right the first time, so you can get going with the next step." I've got a friend right now who is rebuilding a 455 buick engine, and one imperfection in one area is leading to modifications all the way down the chain...

those though are only if you are doing your conversion per the Hoss dimensions.

plus it sucks that they didnt get his dimensions til afterward but there have been hundreds and hundreds of people who got their stuff from them and it was good.

and you gotta factor that the price of screws from LMB are like half the price lol, imma cheap as so i definitely went that route and will continue to whenever i happen to need screws.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    those though are only if you are doing your conversion per the Hoss dimensions.

plus it sucks that they didnt get his dimensions til afterward but there have been hundreds and hundreds of people who got their stuff from them and it was good.

and you gotta factor that the price of screws from LMB are like half the price lol, imma cheap as so i definitely went that route and will continue to whenever i happen to need screws.
    I most definately LOVE cheap! It's great and I take advantage of it all the time, and if I buy a $2 or $5 item, and it turns out crap, so be it. But when ballscrews worth upwards of $750 or more arrive damaged, they're no longer cheap. I could however accept if it was freight damage or something out of the ordinary, but damaged because they wanted to stretch that single layer of thin bubble wrap just sooo...damage that's completely unnecessary! And then send it overseas like that? Surely bubble wrap doesn't cost that much in China?

Inexcusable and very poor business in my opinion, even a second layer of bubble wrap would have probably been enough to stop any damage occurring. I actually can't recall ever having bought anything off Ebay, so poorly protected being sent from anywhere overseas. I've routinely received very small value parcels wrapped so securely I almost need to open them with my power tools! So it can be done, just generally not by LMB, at least not for my orders, and many others judging by the same complaints.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    I most definately LOVE cheap! It's great and I take advantage of it all the time, and if I buy a $2 or $5 item, and it turns out crap, so be it. But when ballscrews worth upwards of $750 or more arrive damaged, they're no longer cheap. I could however accept if it was freight damage or something out of the ordinary, but damaged because they wanted to stretch that single layer of thin bubble wrap just sooo...damage that's completely unnecessary! And then send it overseas like that? Surely bubble wrap doesn't cost that much in China?

Inexcusable and very poor business in my opinion, even a second layer of bubble wrap would have probably been enough to stop any damage occurring. I actually can't recall ever having bought anything off Ebay, so poorly protected being sent from anywhere overseas. I've routinely received very small value parcels wrapped so securely I almost need to open them with my power tools! So it can be done, just generally not by LMB, at least not for my orders, and many others judging by the same complaints.

cheers,
    Ian

mine came pretty well protected. i think i remember seeing your thread where you ordered a lot more so thats crappy with so many items they didnt add more protection

I can't figure it out. Neither of my screws will tighten down on the fixed end. How are you supposed to be able to tighten them? I probably have .050 gap.. Wonder if machined wrong?

PS, I've ordered lots of stuff from China that was VERY well shipped. They basically ship these things totally unprotected. Mine were bent all to $hit.

tighten down to what? got pictures of your setup?

if they are noticeably bent i dont think i would be using them

I used to shoot competitive benchrest... There's a saying, which most of the folks understand after buying a lot of crap, and then tossing it in the "sell for pennies" pile.

Buy the best, and you only cry once.

I'll spend a few bucks extra (and we're not even considering postage here...) for the assurance that I won't have to screw around with BS that shouldn't happen in the first place. Granted, this dude's damn near in my back yard, but I figure that my time's worth something, and picking something up, unwrapping it, looking at it in disgust, and throwing it across the shop while my boss giggles at me... Well... I'll just go with the "It'll be right, dangit" solution.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" comes to mind.
    FYI, if you ask CJA, he'll likely machine whatever ballscrew you want to your specs.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Cheap chinese screws for my cheap chinese mill, cant beat it lol

What should i do to remove the ballnuts on the screws?? Is there any good tricks out there??

You need a hollow keeper that is the same size as the minor diameter of the thread. Hold the keeper up to the edge of the thread and screw the ball nut off onto it. Mine came with cardboard keepers but I made some aluminum ones on the lathe. I put a zip tie around one end to keep the nut from rolling off while im working.
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    tighten down to what? got pictures of your setup?

if they are noticeably bent i dont think i would be using them
    Tighten the "fixed" end of the screw - its the double bearing block that prevents backlash in the screw itself. I tighten the nut down tight, but the screw is still loose in the block. I'm gonna tear it down this weekend, machine some wrench flats one the screws and measure it up. Like most of this trash, its almost more trouble than its worth, but in the end I'll have a pretty powerful 12x37 servo powered CNC lathe.

So, I spend hundreds and waited weeks from China, and now I wouldn't use them? If I could afford that, I could have afforded the $1500 for good screws to begin with. I straightened the screw. Annoying but not impossible.

Page 2 of 2 12