588,156 active members*
4,774 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Beginning and end mark missing?

Beginning and end mark missing?

Have been running a TM1P for six months with few issues. The last several days I have been getting the alarm code 430 when trying to load my program. "beginning and end mark missing" and alarm 972, "FNC file not found". When I check, the percent sign is at the beginning and end of the program and everything else seems to be correct and the same as it was. What is causing the alarm??? My G code is being generated by MasterCam X4 after drawing in SW.
    Any help is appreciated

RatHouse

Post the program, there is many Haas machine users here that may see something in your program
    Mactec54

I have had problems loading programs into a Haas when they contain long comments. Somehow during the load they carry over onto the next line and make the controller think it has reached the end but there is no % of course.

If you cannot sort things out attach the program as a txt file and I will try putting it into my Haas Simulator.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I found it!

Thanks Geof for the clue to my searching for an answer. I shortened up my file descriptions and also found that the character "&" is not enjoyed by the Haas controller and will cause it to not read the program if you use it in the title of the part. Got rid of the "&" and everybody is happy

Thx again

RatHouse

That good that it was that simple, It's not only the Haas control, there are lots of characters that you can't use in most controls
    Mactec54