587,203 active members*
3,515 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Best cad cam for our shop???

I am curious what the best cad cam software would be for a 80% mazak shop that would like to also do some eia mill work.
    The main objective of the software would be to make custom tooling in a 4 axis mazak lathe(eia sub) using c and y for the fourth axis we also have three intergrex machines.
    We have been thinking of esprit gibbs or whatever the best value for the money is, please give me some of your opinions with a ballpark price if possible thanks.

At school we use MasterCAM. Im no expert, thats the only software I have used. But the teacher there swears by it, he says its the best hands down. Last I saw he was watching a video "MasterCAM X". I dont believe its cheap though, but worth looking into

i have used a few mastercam is the better of them but there is alot of them . You can do it all on mastercam. Design, program , check for tool clerance ect.
    Plus they keep up with the times . sometimes they worrry about hackers crackers to much but Mastercam X seems better .

Mastercam has a lot to be desired in the mill/turn area, I would look at Esprit or Gibbs. Esprit will give you more control over your posts. Gibbs will be a shorter learning curve.