587,223 active members*
3,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Blank G code post...on 4th axis.

Ive been using Solidcam for a while now and not having a lot of luck with just one section.

I have a 4 axis mill and need to out put code for it. (Centroid)

Creating 3 axis G code is fine...creating 3 axis G code and then telling it to repeat around the A axis at set degrees is fine.

If I need to engrave however around the A axis along X I just get the initial code for tool number spindle speed co ordinate system...but the code to run the part is blank.

Any pointers in the right direction would be great.

Are you intending to program for 4th axis simulataneous? If so you will need the 4/5 axis module. For Indexial you only need the prismatic machining module (which it sounds like you already have).

You will need to write a new post processor for your milling machine but this isn't so scary as it sounds as you can use your existing post as the basis. Do a trace output from your 'new' mill with some 4 axis machining in and examine the output to see what variable are being kicked out.

For 4th axis indexial you need to look at the routines "@tmatrix" and @"4th_axis" to begin with and also look at "'@rotate" if you are using rotational transforms.

For 4th axis simultaneous you will need to look at "@4x_line" and "@4x_arc" then work on from there.