587,625 active members*
3,436 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad CAM updates - what version is most current?

Bobcad CAM updates - what version is most current?

Since there is not automatic update for BCC what is the most current
    version and build number?
    I have version 22.023 with build # 861.
    Outside of calling tech support how does one find about about updates?

Build Number

I have Ver. 22.022 Build 946.

I have a question for you since you have Build 861. Is there a button in the edit portion of a drill cycle to turn off tip compensation for drill depths? When I took the classes on v22 I swear there was one to do that. In Build 946, that is gone. I am waiting for an answer from BobCad. They just started on it, so I am waiting to hear.

dcskid,
    there is an effective depth choice that will compensate for the tool tip based upon the cutter diameter and the the cutter angle which in effect should compensate for drill depth. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks

That option is gone on the latest Build. The software automatically adds in tip compensation to drills and taps with no way to turn it off. So now I have to post my programs then edit all my depths to what I want. The CD is screwed up too. In the parameters for the operation it has a place for you to input the depth. Then below that it has a place to enter the diameter and angle on the center drill. When you post this operation, instead of taking the number you entered in as the depth you want to drill, It does the math calculations for the tip and angle and puts that in as your Z depth. It has been 3 days since I called. The only response I received was to tell me to put 2x the depth I want into the diameter box and leave the angle at 90 and this will get my Z to what I want. I told that I was really unhappy with this. Either the depth is the depth or it isn't. Why have a place to enter a depth in the software then completely ignore that field for posting? Also, tip compensation should be optional. If I want something to drill 4 inches, I expect it to post 4 inches and not have to edit it back after posting.

The amount that is added to the Drill Depth is controlled in the Cutting Conditions dialog and the Tool. You also have a different value for blind and through holes. To change this:

Right click on the Milling Tools option in the CAM Tree.
    Then left click on Part/Default and select the Cutting Conditions option.
    In the Cutting Conditions dialog click on the Parameters option.
    Here you will find the fields "Length Throughg Cut" and "Add To Drill Depth Blind Tap".
    You can change these both to 0.0 and click OK.

Then you will need to modify your tool dimensions.
    Right click on Milling Tools again and this time choose the Tools option.
    In the Tools dialog click on the Drill option on the left.
    Go through all of the defined Drills and change the Point Angle to 180.
    Then click OK.

Now when you post the drilling cycles the system will output the depth as you input it and will not add the additional length to compensate for the tool tip angle.

BTW: In an upcoming release this will be easier because the user will be permitted to edit the tool right at the feature level (inside of the features).

Regards

Thanks again.

I had already done the cutting conditions as instructed. That wasn't the problem.

Thanks for the Drill angle info. That works. I am glad it is being addressed on next release.

Do you have any thoughts on the tap? It does the same thing and adds to the tip as well. Turning it to blind hole does no good. I already tried that. It is compensating for thread depth. Anyway that you can think of to get this to stop? Any and all help is appreciated.

ineffective length

I went into the tools and set the ineffective length to 0.000 on all taps and it now works. Just thought I would pass that along.

Thanks for the replies and the help.

Forget the last two posts.

This software is really pissing me off. I went in and made all of the drills to 180 deg. I also made a drill for every 1/16 from .250 to 1.0. Now when I go to make a program, instead of calling up a tool from the ones I made, it makes a whole new one at 118 deg. Why would I want to edit every single tool on every file I make to avoid the automatic tip compensation. WTF. The ineffective length on taps also changes from file to file. You people (BOBCAD) have got to give us a way to turn that off.

For the money this software will do alot. For the stupid a** crap it wants to do, it is not worth it.

dcskid,

I do understand what you are going through. Unfortunately, I can't provide a solution right now. In the next month or so, there will be an update which allows you to select the tool from your tool library for the Milling Features.

Regards