587,997 active members*
1,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad Help for Anonther New User.

Bobcad Help for Anonther New User.

Hey Guys;
    I'm just finished my bench top 3 axis milling machine and am trying to learn bobcad. I have the training videos and they do a very good job for me and have helped tramendously.
    Couple of questions for the veteran users though. I hope they are simple and I get a response! Forgive me if they have been asked before and I could not find them online.
    1. I need to design a model for a 3.00" circular plate .250" high with a dome top starting .180' from the bottom. The plate is a point cover for a harley davidson 88 motor. I'm going to cut it and engrave it will all kinds of neat things to make my bike stand out. Anyway, I know Bobcad has the features need to create this simple model but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I thought of designing a sphere and cropping that part not needed for the dome. Is this on the right track?
    2. Second question is hopefully just a easy but I can't seem to find the info anywhere. Is it possible to import a dxf file and resize it??? All the files I've looked at are huge and made for a router and of course, my table is comparitavely small. I'd like to import, say an american flag dxf for example, resize it and attach it to the top of the dome above once I got the dimensions to match.
    Any help out there is appreciated.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Second question:
    BobCad can import DXF.
    After imported goto: All
    Change/ Translate/ Sketch/ Scale (enter eg. .25)

Thanks Kiwi;
    I'll give it a shot!!
    Have a good day.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)