588,528 active members*
4,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad v24 Surface to Solid

Unhappy Bobcad v24 Surface to Solid

Can anyone help me. I have a part that I am creating with many surfaces. I find that when I join them or add them together, some surface panels change shade.Well, I'm not sure what that means. But I then always have an problem joining a part after that. Most of the time it is the last part that won't join to create a solid part. I am now at witts end. Please help?

:violin:

CADmantoo

My Trouble with v24

If there is anyone that can help me understand what I did wrong with an object I am creating, I would be able to complete this project that I started. I have been with BobCad since v19. I now have v24. This is the first time I failed to renew my membership (yet). But I still need help Please anyone Help me understand why I am getting a shaded surface when I add it to the rest. It has all been added together but the final panel in the front. It won't complete the solid until the front part is addad, not stitched. But I get an error. I suspect that shaded part, but don't understand why. Please help me?

I would have an image supporting this, but I don't know where to store the image for this application. If someone can help with that as well?

I will look at it for you, but I dont have V24, so if you save your file as an IGES file and attach it here I can look..

The BobCad root folder should have a folder in it named "IMAGES". If you press the printscreen button for over 1 second, it will place a viewport screen cap of your model in this folder... You can also see the path to this folder in your default preferences/directories dialogue.

Hello BurrMan,

Thanks for your responce. I have 3 files at my net storage site. One jpeg so you can see how it looks in v24, and 2 IGES. One has the one part that won't add and the other has 3 sections to join (both are of the same part). Just use the url addresses that I provide and download each one. The JPEG image will be accessable for a day or two before I remove them. The addresses are as follows:

http://www.adrive.com/public/ab8ec01...b5d5757d4.html

I find that I may have to reload my program. The IGES files are not saving correctly. It saves changes that I didn't make. This might be the sourse of my problem.

This file is safe to see. Anyone is welcome.

Thanks so much.

Yeah, the link works for the bitmap, but no cad files... Let me know....

BobCad doesnt save your iges files correctly?? Or this storage site... If it's the storage site, you could do a right click-send to-compressed zip folder to get a zip to upload.. (Ctrl+left clcik 2 files to select both, then right clcik one)

Yes, It is the BobCad program as it is in my system. I am sure that the program as it is written is fine. Something in my system may have changed. I have BobCad in other computers, but I'm in the prosses of moving. So it is all being done from a laptop for the next week or two. However, give me until early next week and I can plug up a desktop and see if the same thing happens. Since my laptop won't save the IGES file correctly, I get the feeling the other computer will correct my problem. But if I am wrong, I could still use your input. Thanks. I will get back to you early next week.