587,747 active members*
2,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport 720X with Heidenhain 2500 control Axis disabled

Bridgeport 720X with Heidenhain 2500 control Axis disabled

Hi all
    After a couple of trouble free years my Bridgeport has started getting temperamental.
    If I run it up from cold it is fine for a few minutes then it will start disabling the axis drives. It acts as if I have hit the emergency stop except no error messages are displayed. The yellow cursor block lights next to each axis letter on the screen and the axis will not move. This could happen mid program, on start up when I'm trying to zero return the machine or during setting. It is getting more and more common and when it starts I may as well give up for the day!
    I have limited electrical knowledge but between myself and a friend we have eliminated the E stop circuit and door interlocks. The limit switches are all clear and working. The relay (2CR) is lit to show it is supplying power to the PLC and it is starting to look like the PLC board is at fault.
    Has anyone had this problem or been aware of this problem before? Where do I need to be looking next?
    Thanks in advance

Andy

Ok so now my mill will release its axis, zero return and run a cycle fine but it will not start the spindle clockwise in M03. M04 is fine which is annoyingly no use. No error message appears and the program waits on the relevant line expecting the spindle to start. There are no error codes on the spindle drive board either.
    Has anyone had this problem before or know of a fix for it?
    Andy