587,750 active members*
3,221 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buying a CNC, what to get?

Okay guys, I'm looking for the most affordable but reliable CNC. I know this is somewhat subjective, but I wanted to get some ideas from you all on what to look at, what's out there etc.

I currently have a laser engraver I use to cut PETG and do engraving. However I have a lot of wood projects I would like to do. I would also like to be able to cut down my 4'x8' sheets of PETG into sheets that will fit in my laser. I'm tired of doing this by hand and the plastic co. wants too much to do it. I'm a relativly small business so the cost of the machine and repairs is important to me.

I would need a 4'x8' cutting area and would like to have a vaccum table to hold stuff in place. I looked at the shop bot but am sure there is more for my money out there.

Your input and experience with diff. machines is appreciated.

Frank

I pretty much had the same question except I need to cut aluminum copper...no one ever responded... I myself am looking into purchasing a DyanCNC machine http://www.dynacnc.com/ so far they look the most promising and there customer support is beyond excellent. They offer massive tables 20x20+ft to very small tables.

by the way, may I ask how much your laser engraver costs and where you got it at? I REALLY want/need one, I worked with a really nice one back in school...when I asked my teacher he said it was like $25,000...He was always lying though so I'll never be sure...the cutting area was about 20x20 inches...

Good luck in finding your CNC!

Help available

Hey guys,
    Did you purchase machines yet? I have a few options for you. Please email me to got over a few things, you can also call me if you need voice verification, but email is best.

Patrick McMorrow
    [email protected]
    201-240-3762