587,307 active members*
3,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Camsoft and Galil WSDK/Terminal

I would like to get the Galil utilities (such as WSDK and SmartTerm) to co-exist on the same computer as my Camsoft controller software. Whenever I install a Galil utility, the Camsoft control quits working with the error message "cannot load support dynamic link library". So far the only way I have recovered from this is to reload the Camsoft software. I know that the main Galil driver is GLWDMISA.sys or GLWDMPCI.sys, but there must be some other dll's involved also (at least that is what the error message indicates). Restoring the older version GLWDMXXX driver does not fix the controller software.

Does anyone know how to get these programs to co-exist or know what dll's Camsoft/Galil needs to run?

If it matters, I am running version 14.2 of CNC Pro.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

SW, I had the same problem, It would appear that Galil drivers and Camsoft drivers cause a conflict, I am using a Galil ISA cards. Try Camsoft for a definitive answer but this is what they suggested when I had a similar problem, Quote:
    You would want to first do away with the Windows Registry entries for the Galil Terminal program these are creating a conflict plus also delete any mixed-match drivers using CleanReg.exe

REGCLEAN.exe can be found in your C:\GALILOI directory

How to remove conflicting or old drivers from the Windows registry and Windows folders.

If all else fails here is how to straighten it out for sure:

1.) Uninstall Galil software
    2.) Search your whole computer in all folders for these files and delete them.
    DMC32.DLL
    Dmcbus32.dll
    DMCNET.exe
    DMCnet.ttb
    DMPPAR32.dll
    DMCREG.oca
    DMCREG.ocx
    dmcser32.dll
    DMCSHELL.ocx
    GLWDMISA.inf
    GLWDMISA.SYS
    GLWDMPCI.INF
    GLWDMPCI.SYS
    2.) Run the REGCLEAN.exe program
    3.) Remove the Galil card from computer
    4.) Re-install Camsoft software
    5.) Re-install Galil card
    6.) Launch the CNC Controller
    7.) If this worked stop here
    8.) RegCard.exe enter choice 2
    9.) GalilReg enter address 816
    10.) Launch the CNC Controller
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks very much for your fast reply Al. With the list you provided, I was able to do a search to find the offending files. I then replaced the old files with the current Galil files, now the Camsoft and Galil programs are using the same set of dll's and everything works together. I have SmartTerm, DMC Setup, and Camsoft running on the same computer.

If anyone is interested, I found that the Galil SmartTerm loads its dll's into the C:\Windows directory. I copied the files from Al's list from the \Windows directory to the \Windows\system32, \AS3000\CNC and \AS3000\RAM directories, overwriting all of the older files. That was all that was required for my installation - no messing in the registry was required. My installation is on XP; other systems might have slightly different directories.

Camsoft / Galil Wsdk

I had the same problem when I attempted to tune my amps and ended up having galil taking camsoft over ....
    I ended up loading WSDK on a separate laptop ....
    The guys at camsoft did tell me that the Galil drivers would mess up their files ....
    Pierre

I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone out there is still using the same version of CamSoft.

Anyway, I had a similar experience to @squarewave - The Galil tools had installed more recent versions of the drivers in C:\Windows\system32. Smart Terminal worked fine, but Camsoft threw the "dynamic library could not be loaded" error. First, I just removed Camsoft's versions from C:\AS300\cnc, which cleared the error. I'm assuming that system32 is just farther down the PATH than the CNC folder and that Camsoft was using the new drivers.

However, Camsoft is now giving me a "Galil Error: TVW. 4 Operand Error." I can ignore that and choose not to terminate the program, but then it has an error that says "No analog output for spindle. There is not enough axis on card for spindle." Does this still sound like a driver problem or something else (maybe the machine needs to be plugged into the servo controllers)?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

PS - I'm a new IT guy for a local shop and am almost completely new to Camsoft and the world of CNC, in general

This error could be either. Doest the card have one more axis (for the spindle) than the machine? If so, sounds like a conflict with drivers.

There are other threads on this subject on CNCzone, you didn't have to dig this far back. You should get extra credit for searching this hard Camsoft and Galil do not work and play well together. The problem has been with every version of either vendor.

I got it to work ONCE this way: New OS install, nothing else. Install Galil tools with drivers using same dates as on the Camsoft CD. Then install Camsoft. I had troulbe with this so many times, I immediately cloned the hard drive several times. In fact, because of this issue all of our Camsoft computers are identical makes and model. This allows quick swap of any entire computer or computer part.

Another option is to instal two OS partitions on the same computer. If your galil Tools is newer than Camsoft, this would be your only option.

Karl

Thanks for your quick reply Karl. It took a while to find the time, but I went ahead and wiped the machine and re-installed just Camsoft, but I'm still greeted with the "Operand Error" and a "Not enough axis message."

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T View Post
    This error could be either. Doest the card have one more axis (for the spindle) than the machine? If so, sounds like a conflict with drivers.
    I think drivers are out since it's a fresh install. However, I noticed that the card is a Galil 1832, which means it's only 3 axis. The mill has 3 axis, not including spindle. Am I up a creak or is there a way to tell Camsoft not to worry about the spindle?

In CNCsetup, go to general settings,spindle, set it to 0. You loose a lot doing this, but it will work. You'll need outputs to turn the spindle on/off.

In my opinion you shouldn't cripple your installation with such a poor choice of galil card. I've had good success buying cards on eBay. Don't go with that econo series and get an axis for your spindle. For that matter, I'd also get an axis for future needs like a 4rth axis. In my case I also put an axis on the knee. So, I'd suggest an 1850 card. the 1850 also gives you 16 inputs, 16 outputs, and 16 analog inputs or outputs

karl