587,246 active members*
2,812 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Camtech Laser L5 engraving problem

Camtech Laser L5 engraving problem

Im looking for some help since i'm having a problem with my Camtech laser L5.

In the attached image you will see a small fail in the engraving (a line). When this gap in the engraving happens i hear a small "clack" in Y axis but the machines continues to engrave the job, but out of the original start point. (lightly to the right side)

Strange thing is that this problem does not allways occur every time i engrave. I can do a perfect job, and the next one will have this fail.

Is this is a software error (tpc win) ?, or a mechanical problem?

Could this be caused by some wastage problem on the pinions or racks, lose belt/gear, bearings...?

I dont have any technical support by Camtech since they closed in Canada a few years ago, and i cant find any company or person in Portugal who could help me on this, so any help or suggestion is welcome.

Regards from Portugal
    Miguel Pinho

Attachment 260150
    Attachment 260152

Re: Camtech Laser L5 engraving problem

Hello Miguel, were you able to figure out the problem with your laser? try checking for problems on the cable that goes to the controller to the Y axis. I had that problem 3 years ago, and I fount out it was a faulty connection on the Y axis cable.