587,507 active members*
2,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cast aluminum Runners and Plenum

I am finishing up the design on a intake for a car, and need quotes on 16 Runners, and 4 Plenums. They are both hollow, and I will make the patterns for each. .25" -.375" wall thickness. I was thinking plaster for the inserts and cope and drag. Tooling will be ren board or equivelent. Runners are about 8" long x 3" wide and 2" tall. Plenum is about 18"x6"x6" with .375" walls. Let meknow if anyone can do this. Delivery is flexible say 3-4 weeks from time of delivery of patterns.

Matt Kaiser
    215-584-0366

[email protected]

i design intakes for cars as well. most of the stuff we do is welded together sheet stock? why do you want to cast these parts? also with those thicknesses the manifold will be awfully heavy. we use .050 steel sheet or .070 aluminum sheet for our manifolds.

If it's something I can do on my machining center I am interested. I worked for a shop once that we cut renwood patterns for aluminum casting.
    www.hobbymachine.net
    Robert

It is that thick for a fwe reasons. We are running 40lbs of boost on these motors, and even 1/8th" flexes, and usually a 50-150 shot of nitrous is used depending on the car. The runners need to be cast because it is not economical to get the desired shape machining them. The prototypes are all 5axis, but take 2.5 hrs each. too much. THere are a lot of other little design features that are propreitary and cant release but casting is the best way.

I only need the casting done. I will be machining the patterns,, and shipping them out to the chosen vendor.

Thanks.