588,208 active members*
4,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > changing battery on memory board.

changing battery on memory board.

need to change memory board battery on okuma lcc15-2s. cant find what battery in need and i would like to know before i remove. thanks.

3V most likely. The battery is wired to board, most likely, so You can check it safely to see what it is. Or - even better - measure the voltage.
    You can use suitable same voltage battery up to Your choice - no need to look for obsolete one.

MEMORY BOARD bATTERY

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    3V most likely. The battery is wired to board, most likely, so You can check it safely to see what it is. Or - even better - measure the voltage.
    You can use suitable same voltage battery up to Your choice - no need to look for obsolete one.
    WOULD YOU KNOW WHICH BOARD IS THE MEMORY BOARD IN THE CONTROLLER AN WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY A BATTERY BESIDES BUY FROM OKUMA PRICE IS OUT OF SITE.
    I HAVE A a Okuma Cadet 4020 vertical Mill

most left boards in the crate are memory boards as usual. You don't need to take them out. I would advice to ask an electrician for help. It's really easy for qualified person. You can see the battery pack in front of the board. There are no buttons, no multi wire connectors in the front of memory board.
    Two "AA" a.k.a. "R6" batteries are most common on that age machines. You need to check, because there can be different batteries used. It's easy. It's designed for easy access and replace.
    Where to buy? Hm ... alot of internet shops offer electronic parts. Maybe You have some RadioShack in neighborhood ... Most important is voltage and capacity. Any modern back-up Li-ion battery with appropriate voltage will work. Some are designed especially with soldering terminals. You can see some samples here:
    http://www.lemona.lt/index.php?page=...04&page_numb=2

Batters

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    most left boards in the crate are memory boards as usual. You don't need to take them out. I would advice to ask an electrician for help. It's really easy for qualified person. You can see the battery pack in front of the board. There are no buttons, no multi wire connectors in the front of memory board.
    Two "AA" a.k.a. "R6" batteries are most common on that age machines. You need to check, because there can be different batteries used. It's easy. It's designed for easy access and replace.
    Where to buy? Hm ... alot of internet shops offer electronic parts. Maybe You have some RadioShack in neighborhood ... Most important is voltage and capacity. Any modern back-up Li-ion battery with appropriate voltage will work. Some are designed especially with soldering terminals. You can see some samples here:
    http://www.lemona.lt/index.php?page=...04&page_numb=2
    Thanks for the info. I have went to digi key's web site an they gave me a part # for a 3.6 battery Pack.part # SY116-L031-ND but not the same as what I have. I have three different wire terminal plug ins an the one Battery pack they have only has a terminal at each end do I have to resolider all the terminal ends? Is this the way it is. Okuma gets $392.00 an the digi keys are $10.00 so you can see why I am trying to make this work.
    Thanks Gary

Yes, you will need to re-solder on the battery side.