587,553 active members*
3,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > cheap round rail linear guide stand-offs?

cheap round rail linear guide stand-offs?

does anybody know of a cheap source for the aluminum extrusions that stand- off the round linear guide rail? products like that from THK and INA are almost as much or more than the rail.

(tee shaped extrusion with holes drill in them for mounting to the rail?)

thanks.

I don't know of anywhere cheap that sells the rod support, but have you considered making your own in short sections to support the rod every 6 inches, for example. I can't see why it wouldn't work reasonably well.

Similar to this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails linear3.jpg  

What did you find the cost to be each, and what size ?

Ken

it was sometime ago when i looked, i will look for my paperwork and get back to you.

well i already got those made for my table and i can get more of those made for you if u are interested.. the cost is 8 dollars each.. they are for 1 inch shaft but i can design it for another size if u want..

some sample images of it..

i am putting them every 8 inch apart the shaft support is 2inch long by 1 inch wide by 1 inch high

hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rail2.jpg   rail3.jpg   rail4.jpg   rail5.jpg  

rail.jpg   shaft.jpg  

danosb,

those look great, yeah i'll private message you about those. im using metric shafting but if you are willing to change the design that would be great.

thanks.

yes im willing if u get more than 20 of them and lets talk via email instead

Dan

I think a lot of people buy the full length support and cut it up. I bought some rails like that on ebay. Certainly cuts the cost down by a large percentage.

i did think of this route but it would be lot more work.. full legnth and then cut them up then drill holes for the shaft thats why i got those made..